Author Topic: Bad bad turbo  (Read 2600 times)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Bad bad turbo
« on: December 11, 2002, 06:57:03 PM »
Hey folks I think I'm

having the same problem PONCE was having with his turbo.  I think I may have had problems with my oil feed lines and now my turbo is in the

process of giving up the ghost.  

It still boosts and performs at around 85%, but it is acting like there is something wrong with it...

Anyone else encountered any of these problems before?

Also, I was thinking about doing a different type of GTG.  There is a junkyard downtown, and with the numbers of Passats in the Denver area, I

may be able to score some parts, like a TURBO, extra ECU and a-pillar cover, etc...

Anyone interested?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Bad bad turbo
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 07:53:19 PM »
Winston, I would be totally interested

in a JunkYard day.  My weekends are limited until February...that is when I will have some actual schedule changes.  But if you get a weekday off,

let me know and I will tag along.  I would love to find an extra seat for an office chair or something like that.  And any extra parts/ emblems,

steering wheels, yada yada yada...I love junk :)

BTW...Contact Meg at Parts4vws.com with an updated list for group discounts.  I sent her your edwards address, the one they have is not working.  

Hope that is OK...her number is 1888-389-7278 x100.

peace out
jon

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Bad bad turbo
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2002, 07:53:19 PM »

Re: Bad bad turbo
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2002, 05:44:07 PM »
I know this is

outdated and a try at a junkyad has been attempted.  I would like to have another go at it.  Along with possible picking up another ECU for chipping,

I need a screw clip to replace one the broke from the dash panel that sits below my steering wheel.  Also a curiosity, will the B5.5 ECU work in our

B5's or is there enough engine changes to not try?

Chas

• Modded
Re: Bad bad turbo
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2003, 08:15:34 PM »
Quote from: "sweetvw"
Also a curiosity, will the B5.5 ECU work in our B5's or is there enough engine changes to not

try?

Don't try. Way different. You'll need an ECU of the same year as your car if it is a 2000 or later. The earlier '99 and '98's work with eachothers

year, but not the later ones. The 2000 MY's got a boost pressure senson that the '99's didn't have. Therefore, there is more to the later ECU that

the early cars don't have.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!