Author Topic: Neo Ion Ipod install  (Read 2410 times)

eggdog

• n00balicious
Neo Ion Ipod install
« on: October 30, 2004, 12:17:23 PM »
After reading the reviews on Ipodlounge.com ( everything you would ever need to know about a Ipod) between the Ice link and Neo ion, I chose the Neo. It is cheaper (189 vs 229$), customer service was there when you needed it. and it has been working so far as advertised including all the sterring wheel controls, chargeing, turning on and off as promised.
 As for the install, I followed Gravrager tips( thanks!) on his Ice link install. Everything was fine until the radio was pulled and there was no place to plug in the "13 pin connector" After some cutting and modding we got the cords connected ( thanks Steve at  shadetree).

Overall it is great and it is nice having 10gig of tunes in one place.

2 thumbs up for the unit!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Neo Ion Ipod install
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 03:16:24 PM »
Cool! Glad you got it to work.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Neo Ion Ipod install
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 03:16:24 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
Neo Ion Ipod install
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 08:12:32 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
Cool! Glad you got it to work.

what he said.

glad you got it working!
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Neo Ion Ipod install
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 04:32:48 AM »
Mike, that is awesome.  Right now I am considering the Phatnoise system for the allroad, they have prices down to $349 for the entire set up...not bad for 20GB, considering I only have 17GB of music in my entire collection right now.

If I had the iPod already, I would go the route you went...Can't wait to see it installed.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Neo Ion Ipod install
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 08:17:11 PM »
Jon, I would have to recommend getting an iPod over the Phatnoise, since you can take the iPod anywhere, plug it in to both cars with a FM adapter made by Monster ($69), and take it in your house to plus in to your stereo there.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
Neo Ion Ipod install
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 02:39:51 PM »
The Phatnoise system seems pretty silly compared to an ipod IMHO.  You can buy an ipod that holds  more music for less money, by more portable, more compatable, easier to buy music online to add to it, etc.

I use my ipod in the Audi, my Jeeps, the GYM, took it to Europe for the plane flight, took it to Virginia to buy the Audi and have tunes on the way back, use it in friends cars, and so much more. Can't do that with the Phatnoise.

$0.02

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

Cole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://rockcrawler.com
Re: Neo Ion Ipod install
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 02:45:42 PM »
Quote from: "eggdog"
Everything was fine until the radio was pulled and there was no place to plug in the "13 pin connector" After some cutting and modding we got the cords connected ( thanks Steve at  shadetree).

!

I was under the impression from reading their website that it has to plug into the 13pin connector located in the left rear trunk(where the CD changer would plug in) Not to the back of the radio.

Is this not true?

Cole Ford
Financial Advisor

eggdog

• n00balicious
13 pin
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2004, 03:01:18 AM »
On the 2003 allroad it has the cd changer in the head unit, not in the back of the car.( no remote cd changer) Anyways when we pulled the head unit, the "13 plug" spot was taken and that is where we had to do the mod.  It has been working great I like the controls in the steering wheel

Chas

• Modded
Neo Ion Ipod install
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2004, 10:54:14 PM »
I second the idea of getting a portable mp3 player over the PhatNoise thing. I use an iRiver IHP-120 mp3 unit. I like a lot. It has it's own builting FM tuner as well as 20gigs of space! I always take it with me on plane flights. Next week it's going to save me again on the long 6 hour flight to Bora Bora I'm going on. Who knows what Air Tahiti has for in flight entertainment. Last weeks trip to  Puerto Vallarta, Mexico would have really sucked with out it. No in flight music on the MD 80 and no movie either. But I had a huge seletion of music to listen to in the air.
And then I get home and slide right back into my car. It's hardwired to the Pioneer HU. No silly FM tuner thingy for me.
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
Neo Ion Ipod install
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2005, 02:31:29 PM »
I'm digging around for info and considering a couple of options including this one - how is the operation? do you just have access to a couple of playlists? Sorry but their site completely blows and gives no useful information about the product. And I must be completely retarded but I couldn't find anything car related on ipodlounge.com.

So there is iceLink, neo ion and the enfig thing which is the cheapest of the lot at $124. What is the difference?

Another option i'm considering is the Alpine system, but its very pricy.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM