Author Topic: I would like some input on wheels.  (Read 2322 times)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
I would like some input on wheels.
« on: June 16, 2003, 06:46:26 PM »
I have been spending the last few weeks looking at wheels for my girl and after reading the Passat of the month from ClubB5 I think I found what I would like to get.  Not to steal from another person, but I think these are close to the BBS RC that I would like to get but can not afford and get tires at the same time.  I would like to have input from you guys and give me a thumbs up or down.  Please look at the link:  TIA

http://www.edgeracing.com/FLIKWHEELS1.asp?WBR=FLIK&WDE=WASP%2DA&GROUP=

Formerly known as SweetVW. (Don't Ask! :oops: )
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 08:00:42 PM »
Those are some killer wheels.  Great price, looks and weight.  The only thing I'd want to know about them before taking the plunge is warranty details.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 08:00:42 PM »

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 08:30:12 PM »
Hey Dave!  Those are some pretty sweet wheels!

Did you ever get in touch with Michael about that spoiler?  HE sometimes takes a while to respond, but you can always find him on www.edition719.com as EuroVR6, so let me know what the status is on that thing!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 08:39:45 PM »
Hey Guys,

Winston, Michael did contact me and I responded in kind to get together on 6/21/03.  He did state that regardless of the color, it need to be painted.  It is rather ironic that you mentioned the bodyshop on another thread.  Might have to check them out.  

Thanks Pat, I do need to check into the warranty.  Also I was wondering if you guys think the color would work with the color of my car, Anthracite Blue.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 08:42:40 PM »
Here is the warranty info:
RETURNS
During the first 30 Days after receiving your product, if for any reason, any Product you buy from Edge Racing does not meet your expectations, we will refund your purchase price. Products must be NEW and in Original Packaging. All Returns or Cancellations are subject to a 25% restocking fee plus shipping charges. No Returns or Cancellations on Special Orders. Please Call 1-800-489-5353 and we will provide you with a "Return ID Number" to be used as a follow up reference.
WARRANTY
Edge Racing hereby warrants to the original purchaser that products shall be free from defects in material and/or workmanship. All products are covered under the original manufacturers warranty. The above warranty period shall begin on the date of shipment by Edge Racing to Purchaser. Should any such defect arise within the warranty period, Edge Racing shall replace the defective unit with a new identical one, and shipping expenses will be paid by Edge Racing.

I will look into the manufacturers warranty.

Called Edge Racing and they said that the manufacturer warranty covers finish & structural for one year.

Is all of this pretty standard?

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 08:47:41 PM »
I think those wheels would look fine on that color blue, but maybe not quite as good as some other colored cars.  That said, I wouldn't let it stop me.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
S
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 08:49:58 PM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"

Called Edge Racing and they said that the manufacturer warranty covers finish & structural for one year.

Is all of this pretty standard?

Sounds about right.  BBS was a much longer warranty period, although you could buy three sets of these for as much as one set of some BBS models.
-Chuck Patterson