Author Topic: coming soon - story of driving 1100 miles in a snow storm  (Read 1567 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
coming soon - story of driving 1100 miles in a snow storm
« on: January 03, 2005, 09:21:44 PM »
So they are finally ready to let elizabeth out of the hospital, just in time for a good midwest winter snow.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/interstate/cities?ix=80&reg=cn&dir=we&day=2

looks like our entire drive home will be fun filled.

at least I put the real snow tires on before leaving.

See you all when we return.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 10:43:43 PM »
Damn.  Did you guys get any of that ice storm or will you have to drive through any of it?
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 10:43:43 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 10:58:15 PM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"
Damn.  Did you guys get any of that ice storm or will you have to drive through any of it?

had freezing rain here on Saturday.  it has all cleared away now.

But, apparently 30 miles south of here it was happening all over again.  Get to drive through it tomorrow.  :o
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 11:01:05 PM »
Your luck just doesn't get any better, does it?  Well, best of luck and be safe.  We'd like to see you at Wynkoop Wednesday.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 12:47:31 AM »
Be safe on the way home, at least you have the winter tires on the uber Allroad to get you home! :)  Hope the kido is doing better also!

Jonathan

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 03:06:46 PM »
made it back.

there were winter storm warnings along the entire route.  the weather plus the need to give the kid IV injections slowed us down so the journey took us 20 hours rather than the usual 16.  we got in about 4 am.

ouch.   :roll:

Scuba2001

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 04:07:51 PM »
Glad that you all made it back safely.  Always a good thing to hear.  Driving 20 hours nonstop is tiresome, but you're home and thats what matters most.