Author Topic: Hi - new member.  (Read 4929 times)

madigan

• Modded
Hi - new member.
« on: June 18, 2003, 08:52:59 PM »
I've been meaning to drop a few lines over here and introduce myself. I've been on Club B5 for the past week or so and heard about the local B5 chapter here in CO. I purchased a 99 Variant two weeks ago and can't wait to start the modifications. I'm addicted to the Club B5 site and maybe this one now too! I'm looking forward to the GTG's and seeing what you've all done to your Passats.

Just thought I'd say hi. Thanks!  :)

Madigan
mad wagon

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Hi - new member.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 08:58:41 PM »
Madigan -

Welcome! Glad to see you signed up, both myself and Shummer are in the DU area so I'm, guessing we're not to far from you if you're in Wash Park.

Check out the GTG section for upcoming events.  We are slowly trying to get a local Burger and Beer GTG, but it keeps getting pushed off.

Hopefully we'll see you driving around or catch up at a GTG soon.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Hi - new member.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 08:58:41 PM »

shummer

• Modded
Hi - new member.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 09:52:25 PM »
Hi Madigan. What color and engine? I'll keep an eye out for you. We're real close now that the Downing St. Bridge has opened again.

madigan

• Modded
Hi - new member.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 10:23:45 PM »
Quote from: "shummer"
Hi Madigan. What color and engine? I'll keep an eye out for you. We're real close now that the Downing St. Bridge has opened again.

I forgot to mention the specs. It's a black 99 GLS 1.8T wagon. It's a tip - although I would have liked a manual, but what can you do. I'd been looking for a black wagon for about 6 months and finally found this one - I couldn't pass it up.  :)

madigan
mad wagon

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
Hi - new member.
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 02:45:30 AM »
Woo hoo! Welcome to the gang, Madigan :)  Can't wait to see your variant up close and personal-like ;)  I'll keep an eye out for ya on the road.  If you see a silver B5 around town that says WENS B5 on the plate that's me!

~Wendy

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Hi - new member.
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 04:13:09 PM »
Hey Madigan!  I wanted to join everyone in wishing you a warm welcome here.  I'm so jealous.  I really wanted a variant when I got my 2000 GLS, but my wife didn't like the stigma attached, so I got the sedan.  I still love it though...

Wendy, do you think we can get a GTG up for next week?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
Hi - new member.
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2003, 04:14:58 PM »
yup methinks that would be a good idea :)  BB&B?

~W

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Hi - new member.
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 04:41:50 PM »
Madigan,
Nice to meet you, if you see a dropped elegant green with smoked plate covers, that would be me...I drive around alot more now looking for work...not a bad trade off :P
Anyway, hope to see you at a GTG sometime soon!
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Hi - new member.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2003, 05:09:06 PM »
Quote from: "Wendy Darling"
yup methinks that would be a good idea :)  BB&B?

~W

To quote Jay: "Awwwwww yeah!"

Let's take this over to the GTG section...

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Hi - new member.
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2003, 11:50:27 PM »
Glad to see you :D .  It is nice to see a variant join.  You do not see too many around town.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
Hi - new member.
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2003, 01:24:00 AM »
Hey hey, just wanted to say hi and welcome to both Madigan and Starlight.. 2 newbies I don't know yet... I've been a little MIA as work has exploded in my face the past few weeks.. but would like to meet you guys next Wed. for burgers and beer!
(and hi to any other newbies I've missed...)
MWJD?

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Hi - new member.
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2003, 01:34:34 AM »
Just a clarification Uber and everyone.  StarlightB5 is the new screen name for David Kirstein (formerly known as SweetVW).  Due to my superior IT knowledge I found a way to screw up my login and for some reason (mine of course!) I could not login.  I created a the new account to match the account on CB5 that I created a few months back.  Jay was kind enough to help me in the past, but for some reason I could not get logged in.  Sorry for the confusion and I promise to not have any more schitso personalities...wait a minute now I am ColoradoB5...8O  :D  :cry:  :wink: .  I figure the name matches the HID's.  I look forward to seeing you guys soon and hopefully have the new wheels on.  Checks in the mail as of yesterday :D

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Hi - new member.
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2003, 02:10:57 PM »
New wheels!  Awesome David.  What did you end up deciding on?  What size, etc...?

Rascal

• Stock
Hi - new member.
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2003, 03:12:37 PM »
Hey, I enjoy seeing new Variants!  Welcome, and great choice!  :)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Hi - new member.
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2003, 03:19:58 PM »
Winston,
I decided on the Anthracite Flik Wasps.  The more that I looked and the more that I looked into the B5 of the Month on CB5 the more I liked them.  Since I still have to watch my budget, I have decided on Bridgestone Potenza S03 225/40/18.  They may or may not be one of the better tires out there, but it works and will get me into the 18" club.  Costco can get them for $189.00 a tire and they have a $60.00 rebate until 6/29/03.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Hi - new member.
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2003, 03:37:13 PM »
David, if you haven't bought the tires yet, I would try to go with the 235/40 18's to give you a little more cushion for the sidewalls...You know how our roads are around here...I did this and I'm definitely glad I did...A buddy of mine did the 225/18's and had a couple rims get bent...

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Hi - new member.
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2003, 12:01:41 AM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"
Winston,
I decided on the Anthracite Flik Wasps.  The more that I looked and the more that I looked into the B5 of the Month on CB5 the more I liked them.  Since I still have to watch my budget, I have decided on Bridgestone Potenza S03 225/40/18.  They may or may not be one of the better tires out there, but it works and will get me into the 18" club.  Costco can get them for $189.00 a tire and they have a $60.00 rebate until 6/29/03.

How wide are the wheels?
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Hi - new member.
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2003, 01:57:47 AM »
They are 18x7.5"

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Hi - new member.
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2003, 02:08:21 AM »
If I look into the 235's, I would most likley be looking at the Bridgestone RE730 235/40ZR18 for $174.99 each. I can get the Michelin Pilot Sport or Pilot Sport A/S but that would bump my price up to $249.99 & $243.99 respectivley.  If people are wondering why Costco.  It is due to the coverage, the price and the fact they are right accross the street for service.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Hi - new member.
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2003, 07:33:32 AM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"
If I look into the 235's, I would most likley be looking at the Bridgestone RE730 235/40ZR18 for $174.99 each. I can get the Michelin Pilot Sport or Pilot Sport A/S but that would bump my price up to $249.99 & $243.99 respectivley.  If people are wondering why Costco.  It is due to the coverage, the price and the fact they are right accross the street for service.

Yep, Costco can pretty much order anything...When I got my wheels, I went with the Falken GRB FK-451, and the only place in town that had them was Big O tires on University and County Line...Even cheper than what I could find them for on the internet...

Good luck with the wheels and hopefully, we'll see you and them at the Beer & Burger night at Dave & Buster's.

Ciao mang!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Hi - new member.
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2003, 03:39:51 PM »
If I may ask how much were they and why that tire. I have not heard of those before looking I statred looking at wheels.  Does Big O have them in stock or did they have to order them?

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Hi - new member.
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2003, 02:11:37 PM »
David, I'll PM you.  I think we have treaded enough over Madigan's thread...

Madigan, we hope to see you at Dave & Buster's on Wednesday.  We're going to the north one in Westminster (we trade off every other time between that one and the south one).

Why do we go to D&B's?  Because of the racing games... :wink:

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
Hi - new member.
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2003, 05:46:31 PM »
lol I was thinking the same thing, Win :)  Madigan, hope to see you Wed. night!

~W

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Hi - new member.
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2003, 07:31:21 PM »
I am sorry Madigan, I look forward to seeing you at D&B.

madigan

• Modded
Hi - new member.
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2003, 07:56:48 PM »
No big deal, posting on my intro. I will be there Wednesday! Did you say 6:30 - 7 ish? Where will everyone meet?

:) Madigan
mad wagon

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Hi - new member.
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2003, 08:39:28 PM »
Quote from: "madigan"
No big deal, posting on my intro. I will be there Wednesday! Did you say 6:30 - 7 ish? Where will everyone meet?

:) Madigan

We'll either be outside with the cars (6:30ish) or inside getting some chow, depending on when you get there...probably around 7pm, we'll head in...I'll wear my RMCB5 tishirt so you know...It looks like the logo at the top of the page...

UberGrrl

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.amandaspear.com/ubergrrl/index.html
Hi - new member.
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2003, 06:21:39 PM »
I have yoga until 6:45 so I'll be there as close to 7 as I can.. or do my shivasana a little early.
MWJD?