Author Topic: Guess what Chas just ordered for his car?  (Read 7995 times)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Guess what Chas just ordered for his car?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2005, 05:11:32 PM »
Yeah I thought the same thing.  Remember:

ROY G. BIV = Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet

That's the color spectrum you have to work with on this scale.

The lower the temp, the more you will move towards red and the higher the temp, the closer to violet.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2005, 04:18:30 PM »
Well, they're in!!!

And they kick ASS!!!!  :D  :D  8)

Freaking bright compaired to the PIAA Ultra White bulbs I had it there. Don't get me wrong, the PIAA bulbs are nice bulbs, for Halogen lamps. But I will say that the difference between HIDs and Halogen is like night and day. I can now see things on the road that I would have never seen with the old set up. I finished the install last night and took it for a drive after I re-adjusted everything.

The color is very nice too. Deffinantly blue, but not obnoxious. Much like what you'd see on a Lexus or Mercedes. The amber bulbs I have in on my clear corners look freaking orange next to the HIDs now. As oppossed to before they looked yellowy. It's all perspective I guess.

I like it. And the kit was way too easy to work with. I had to modify a few piece, of course, but it wasn't too difficult at all. It was just the brackets that needed to be reworked and some parts of the plastic shroud that holds the lights needed to be trimmed to make it all fit. But over all, fairly simple stuff.

I'd give this kit a big thumbs up!  :lol:  8)  :D  8)

Pictures soon!
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2005, 04:18:30 PM »

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2005, 04:39:19 PM »
So Chas i take it you would recommend this kit for me?
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2005, 05:16:50 PM »
Glad to hear it went well.  you'll never go back now.   :wink:   from this point forward you will want them in every car you drive.

Anyway, I would love a ride to see what they look like, and to check out the install. I have been considering an HID retrofit for my motorcycle for a while.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2005, 06:33:34 PM »
I would recomend this kit for anyone who wants to upgrade to HIDs. Nice kit, well made, easy to install. As for the B5.5 Randy, you should have everything you need in the headlamp housings to use this kit. Meaning projector bezels already built in.

With the projectors the cut off on these lamps now is so sharp and clean it's amazing. And there is a really neat feature about the Euro lamp housings I have, they cast a portion of the light to the right hand side of the road. Which means street signs and that whole side of the road are light up like High Mass! These lights make driving at night fun again!

And sure, anyone that wants to see these is more than welcome to have a spin. This X5 kit could fit a huge range of cars and trucks as well as motorcycles.  8)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2005, 10:49:28 PM »
OK, here's a picture I took today with the HIDs burning in the Euro housings. Of course day time shots don't look as dramatic as night time pics, but hey, this'll do.

And here's an older picture of when I just installed the lamp housings with the halogen bulbs. See any difference?

2003 Audi A6 2.7T
this one hauls ASS!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2005, 02:42:57 AM »
Yes I do, with the hid's in I can see the blue ring around the fog lamps!  Nice mod!!!  :P

Actually I see a big difference.  I would like to take spin sometime at night with you and see the difference in the color.  I have the stock hid color and always wanted to see if there was a visible difference sitting in the seat.

Congrats on the install.  :D
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!