Author Topic: What a weekend!!!  (Read 2170 times)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
What a weekend!!!
« on: June 23, 2003, 04:44:34 AM »
I had a blast this weekend doing events with my family.  First was on Friday 6/20, Megan had her third birthday  :D  and we spent the day at the zoo looking at just about everyone and everything.  Even bought the kid a Gilligan style zoo hat.  It was a bit big, bit she looks cute as always.  We came home to Carla's homemade cake and ice cream, MMMMMMM, cake  & ice cream!!!.  Megan is a pro now at showing everyone that she is three with her fingers, with about a weeks woth of help by mom the week before.

Saturday 6/21, Carla and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary.  We went to see the play "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change".  It was absolutly hilarious.  Both Carla and I walked out saying that we could see it again.  Megan's Grandmother watched her through the night so we could sleep in a bit.  As much as I enjoyed the evening, I think I enjoyed sleeping in even more, you parents can relate!

Sunday 6/22, Carla and I picked Megan up and we all went to see Finding Nemo.  The movie was really well done and the animation was second to none.  However it was a bit of a long movie (about 1h 45m) and Megan started to get antsy towards the end.  When we got home, both Carla and Megan crashed and I went and washed our other baby.  About 4:00p I decided to polish and wax the car and spent about the next 5 hours doing that.  Now as I type this I am sore and tired and ready for bed.  I really enjoyed the past few days and look forward to spending more days like this over the summer.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Rascal

• Stock
What a weekend!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 02:39:19 PM »
Congrats on the fun!  My son just had his first birthday last week.  He still holds on to his He balloon every where he goes, even during naps.  Makes me think of Linus in Peanuts.

My daughter will be three in a few weeks.  She can't quite get the three fingers yet.  After her brother's birthday, she is looking forward to hers.

I can certainly relate to sleeping in.  I wish I could sleep in to 07:00!  :)

Oh, it's sweet now that there is a parking garage at the zoo!  The car is not so hot after the long day at the zoo.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

What a weekend!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 02:39:19 PM »

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
What a weekend!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 05:50:24 PM »
Dave sounds like a perfect weekend :)  I need to get the kids to the zoo soon...maybe we need to have a Denver Zoo "family" GTG sometime this summer.  Ya know if we had a big enough group (which with all the dang kids I have, we probably would  :lol: ) we could probably get a special tour or something...touch some monkeys? hehehe

~W

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
What a weekend!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 05:51:58 PM »
I touched a Penguin once at the zoo, I got yelled at.  I was 17, maybe 16.

Rascal

• Stock
What a weekend!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 06:46:15 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
I touched a Penguin once at the zoo, I got yelled at.  I was 17, maybe 16.

Yelled at by the penguin?  :)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
What a weekend!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 07:38:55 PM »
Wendy, that sounds like a wonderful idea.  

Jay, that may answer the question why we only saw a couple of penguins, instead of the dozen or so I have seen in the past.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!