Author Topic: anybody do their 2004 taxes yet?  (Read 5193 times)

shummer

• Modded
anybody do their 2004 taxes yet?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2005, 03:08:08 PM »
I filled out the extra chart on the W-4 forms for the first time ever (not the one above the form you hand in, but the supplemental info afterwards where you actually plug in dollar values) and they suggest that I withhold 7 for 2005. Wow! Maybe I'll finally be on track.

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2005, 08:44:38 PM »
Still waiting for my forms from my employer, but based on my last pay check stub numbers:

Federal=$4126
+  State= $623
Total Refund=$4749

No specific mods in mind other than saving up for the baby#2 mod. Both my wife and I would love to get real HIDs or even the projectors + conversions for both vehicles, but we can't justify it.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2005, 08:44:38 PM »

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2005, 08:54:54 PM »
Did them lastnight.

$1250 Fed
??? state

Lucky for me my drives to LA for work/fun last year are tax deductible.  3 round trips to LA = 6000 miles - NICE!
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2005, 03:05:26 AM »
Um just a general tax related question.  I claim two one for being single and one for having only one job and this is the second year in a row that I owe money.  I am a close to full time student and was a full time student for the last two plus years...  Can anyone help me out with some info?  Why do I have to pay the govt money.  I want a refund!
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2005, 03:23:26 AM »
Quote from: "coveredbytheblood"
Um just a general tax related question.  I claim two one for being single and one for having only one job and this is the second year in a row that I owe money.  I am a close to full time student and was a full time student for the last two plus years...  Can anyone help me out with some info?  Why do I have to pay the govt money.  I want a refund!

you are withholding too much.  Young, single, probably dont own a house so arent taking a mortgage deduction, and probably aren't even itemizing deductions.  and, you are withholding a 2?  wow.  back in the day...  no really, back when those conditions applied to me, I withheld at a 0 rate.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2005, 10:50:46 AM »
my taxes are done, filed, and my hefty return should be direct deposited in the next 10 days, both federal and state.

Man, I love that online turbo tax thing...and if you file before Feb 13th, it only costs $9.95 for federal.

My entire process online and filing only took about 30 minutes, that that was with needing to use 1099-R, 1098, 1098-E, property taxes, car registration taxes, and other credits.  Very simple, they basically hold your hand through the process, even I could figure it out, and got as much back as last year.  Looks like i can get the house painted afterall, yippie!!!!  That means I can put the house on the market for my move sometime in May.

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2005, 02:36:18 PM »
Quote from: "coveredbytheblood"

Bigger number on the W-4 form (2 in your case) means less taxes deducted from your pay check.

For kicks, try itemizing once and see if you can come up with a number greater than the standard single person deduction. Even if you don't have a house/condo, your charitable giving (tithe) might make up for that. I hope you are taking advantage of the learning credits too (1040 form, line 49). I think it comes out better than the tuition and fees deduction (1040, line 27).

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2005, 03:15:18 PM »
I know I need to recheck mine...and my wife's. I have huge returns every year and I'd kinda like to have that in my paycheck instead.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner