Poll

Are you going to attend the super bowl party?

Yes
9 (81.8%)
No
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: January 16, 2005, 01:22:01 PM

Author Topic: Super Bowl Party  (Read 6696 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2005, 02:37:10 PM »
Quote from: "Denver Pat"
I'm not having more than a couple, maybe three.

That is what I am figuring for most folks.  So, I figure if anyone wants to drink significanly more than that, we'll have to drag out the hard stuff.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

shummer

• Modded
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2005, 03:24:51 PM »
Non-alcoholic beverages for our family. Any requests on snacks?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Super Bowl Party
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2005, 03:24:51 PM »

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2005, 03:27:06 PM »
Im bringing a nine layer dip thing...  mexican dip at its finest, with chips of course.  :)
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

gragravar

• Supercar
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2005, 03:47:59 PM »
Quote from: "shummer"
Non-alcoholic beverages for our family. Any requests on snacks?

OK.

I am not organized enough to assign specific snacks to people.  What are you good at making?  Dip/chips, wings, ribs, veggies/dip, bread/artichoke dip, gravlax/spread/crackers, cheese/crackers???  those would all be good choices, although I am sure there are a ton more.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

sediahaka

• Lightly Modded
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2005, 05:16:34 AM »
sorry guys, i'm gonna have to cancel for this one.  hope ya'll have fun!

gragravar

• Supercar
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2005, 04:29:38 PM »
Quote from: "boostedpassat22"
sorry guys, i'm gonna have to cancel for this one.  hope ya'll have fun!

No worries Sarah.  we'll just all have to get together to see your videotape some other time.  

See the rest of you in a couple of hours.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2005, 06:11:58 PM »
I am going to have to stay home for the game.  I am still sick and I don't want to be around everyone, especially the little ones with this crud.

Have fun and have a beer for me. :(

gragravar

• Supercar
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2005, 07:04:05 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
I am going to have to stay home for the game.  I am still sick and I don't want to be around everyone, especially the little ones with this crud.

Have fun and have a beer for me. :(

My kid probably appreciates that.

I'll start on your beer now.   :lol:

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2005, 12:51:26 PM »
Thanks a lot Andrew for hosting.  Beautiful place, cool people and great food.  Everyone else missed out.
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

gragravar

• Supercar
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2005, 01:37:40 PM »
Quote from: "coveredbytheblood"
Thanks a lot Andrew for hosting.  Beautiful place, cool people and great food.  Everyone else missed out.

No problem at all.   We had fun.   Nice to meet you in person, and to see everyone.

Noob_Shum

• Modded
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2005, 01:49:34 PM »
Yes!  Thanks for having us over Andrew, you have a very nice place  :)  Can't beat good food and good friends!

Jonathan

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2005, 07:49:43 PM »
Yes I am very bummed we couldn't make it.  I was cautiously excited all weekend since Jen has been dealing with a rather debilitating backache.  

She got a massage yesterday before we went, and I was sure that would fix it, but we got in the car and had to turn around since it was killing her.

We'll have to catch up again soon!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2005, 09:07:15 PM »
Drew, didn't know you were there.
I arrived shortly after half time -- an adventurous 2-1/2 hours in my car!

Pat called me just before I was leaving to Andy's SB party for directions.  I was heading south on I-25, as I thought 470 only runs south of the city (I have no clue where Brighton is located).  I ran into Charles on the highway and assumed that he was heading to Andy's too, so I followed him.
I passed the 470 exit, but the highway 7 exit was nowhere to be found.  I drove about 15 miles past Castle Rock and decided to turn around.

Going northbound on I-25 I came across some drunk in a early model dark green Saturn sedan with NM plates swirving all over the highway and driving very irradically.  I called Colorado State Patrol (*CSP on any cell phone, a very handy number to remember by the way).  The state patrol on the phone said that they have received 6 calls already and have been trying to catch him for the last 30 miles.  She asked me if I could help them out catching him, so I got all excited and said yes.

While on my phone I had to follow this driver a few car lengths behind while reading off the mile markers I was passing so that the State Troopers could set up and be prepared to nab him about 10 miles ahead of me.  I also had to describe everything that was going on so they could have this on record and could be used in court.  

This intoxicated driver was changing his speed constantly between 80 and 100mph while swirving, straddling two lanes of traffic and sometimes being on the left hand shoulder.

About a mile before where the Troopers were waiting I was asked to turn on my hazzard blinkers on so that troopers know it's me and the driver was the guy infront of me.  I first saw one Trooper which I had to let him in between me and the drunk, and soon after I saw another Trooper and two unmarked police cars behind me which I also let them pass.  They managed to pull the drunk to the side of the road and I pulled behind the Troopers.

They pulled the guy (a rather large and unkept hispanic man) out of his car, which he occasionally resisted and occasionally smiled and laugh -- it was obvious that he was intoxicated.  It took two guys to move him towards and into the police car.
Meanwhile I was sitting in my car enjoying my Jamba Juice, luckily I have since I was starving -- it was like watch a live episode of Cops.

One of the Troopers came to my car and thanked me for my help and gave me a clipboard to write down a report, another Trooper approached with rubber gloves and said he's going to do a search on his car which they both promptly left.  I wrote a very detailed description and when one of them came back to collect the report and said to me that this guy is going to jail for a while.  He didn't say anymore, so I assumed they must have found drugs or other serious stuff there.

It's nice to know I did something to keep one more stupid loser off the roads, and I wasn't concerned about missing the first half of the Super Bowl.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2005, 09:10:35 PM »
Holy cow!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Super Bowl Party
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2005, 09:11:14 PM »
That's an awesome story and much better than mine!  I have driven behind some bad drivers, but luckily never that bad!

Good job Alan.  You get the RMCB5 civic responsibility award for February!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.