Author Topic: Recaro Child Seats  (Read 2479 times)

verc

• n00balicious
Recaro Child Seats
« on: February 02, 2005, 03:20:43 PM »
Anyone have any experience with Recaro child seats or know of a location in town to purchase them.  From what I have seen online, they are about the best possible child seat if not a little pricey.  And if someone in the family should ride around on Recaros it might as well be Ben.  He is about 31lbs and his current car seat craps out around 35lbs.

Also, Has anyone found a dealer able to do the lower anchor installation for the 2001.5 Passat.  In that model they only installed the tethers.  I had the car in at Lithia once for service and they told me they would call me when the parts came in (about 6 months ago).  Gebhardt told me to order the parts myself.
001.5 GLS 1.8T Manual APR Stage 1
Fresco Green
17" Ronal wheels

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
Recaro Child Seats
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 03:43:38 PM »
Don't know about the recaro carseats - I looked once but they were way expensive. If anybody gets recaros in my car its gonna be ME!! :D

As for the lower anchors, the dealership should do that for free - there is a tech bulletin on that and they should not give you any crap about it. When I took my car in for service the first time (its a 2001) I told them to install the anchors and they just did it, no questions asked. With the Passat I went to Gebhardt in Boulder - this was a couple of years ago and had to tell them a couple of times there was a tech bulletin on it and ended up having them call VW before they would agree to not charge me!
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Recaro Child Seats
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 03:43:38 PM »

shummer

• Modded
Recaro Child Seats
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 04:23:25 PM »
Here's the tech bulletin. Show it to Lithia or Gebhardt. Kind of a pain to show the dealer how to do their job.

LATCH TSB

My 2000 only came w/ the tethers also and McDonald VW installed the lower anchors for free per the TSB. You should get both left and right positioned anchors for 2 seats (no middle).

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
Recaro Child Seats
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 04:29:03 PM »
Both times i've had it done they only put in one side -- but yeah, they should do both. Make sure you remind them.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

gragravar

• Supercar
Recaro Child Seats
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 06:09:37 PM »
boki (not sure if he is in here or on audi world.) has one of the recarro's for his son.  it is a really cool looking seat.  and, his kid thinks it is comfy.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

RobD

• Modded
Recaro Child Seats
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 09:53:45 PM »
As much as they charge for the Brittas you can put a good down payment on a recaro.

Mark - I had Osborn install the latch anchors on my 01.5 when I heard about the tsb.  Where ever you go just let them know there is a tsb and make sure they have the parts then set-up that appt.

huevon

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
Re: Recaro Child Seats
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 02:17:02 AM »
i just purchased recaro child seats from woot.com for $100 each new in the box. I bought two.. if you still are looking, woot has them for sale every couple of months... just a fyi

p.s. fast shipping too.