Author Topic: Lithia price gouging?  (Read 2072 times)

Rascal

• Stock
Lithia price gouging?
« on: June 26, 2003, 09:25:16 PM »
I'm planning on stopping by Lithia this afternoon to test drive some VWs to get that Amazon.com gift certificate.  I can't buy a car now, but I thought maybe I'll learn some values and compare.  At Edmunds.com, the dealer retail value from my 2001 4Motion Wagon is $21315.  Edmund's advertises same make and model (don't know options, etc.) for $27995.  Hmmm, if I could trade my car for $23000, I might consider something.  In any case, I think Lithia is well over stating their price.  Expect to lower prices if you shop there.

Too bad you can't lower their shop prices....  In any case, I think Stacey has her mind on a min-van in a year or two.  
 8O

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Lithia price gouging?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 11:22:56 PM »
Quote from: "Rascal"
In any case, I think Stacey has her mind on a min-van in a year or two.  
 8O

ZOINKS!!!! :o   I guess we will call you Rob Part II... :lol:

IMHO...stay away from Lithia....their parts dept was not so helpful even after Mike had talked to them about a club discount...not a discount at all.  And they are price couging, I just don't get a comfortable feeling from them.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: Lithia price gouging?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 11:22:56 PM »

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Lithia price gouging?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 11:59:26 PM »
Adrian,

I was at Osborne on Saturday and was very happy with the way I was treated even though I didn't buy a car.  They are definitely interested in making the customer happy.  

They offered me $150 for anyone I referred to them that bought a car.  If anyone does, I'll be happy to split it with ya...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rascal

• Stock
Lithia price gouging?
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2003, 02:12:57 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"

They offered me $150 for anyone I referred to them that bought a car.  If anyone does, I'll be happy to split it with ya...

Good idea!  RMCB5 Beer money!

I'm not shopping and only went to get the Amazon gift cert.  I figured VW owes me.  :)  But discussions of the next car/van started recently, so it was interesting timing.  I agree that Lithia is expensive, their service prices are much higher than even Gebhardt.

As far as sales, we were treated nicely.  We weren't literaly cornered by three sales people like at Dealin' Doug's old place when we only wanted a test drive.   Stacey had to test drive a convert. Beetle (top down).   :roll:

Oh and Stacey mentioned that the new mini-Van from VW will be more expensive than the current VW Van (Vanagon?).  I was surprised to hear that, but who knows.

BTW: Lithia is now working in a/c'ed trailers.  Their building was just torn down and hauled away this week.

RobD

• Modded
Lithia price gouging?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2003, 11:46:08 AM »
Adrian,

The current Eurovan (T4) stopped production on July 14th and is being replaced in Europe by the T5 (looks sharp).  The new microbus (which is to replace the T4 in the states) is suppossed to make it state side early 2005.  This has changed several times and now there is talk that the T5 might come state side along with the new microbus.  Should that happen you might want to wait on buying a minivan.  The newT5 is sweet!

On a side note - I would not recommend Osborn for any service work. I'll post another thread with details but they are screwed up over there.  Just remember I warned ya'!

Rob (aka the van man....thanks W!)

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Lithia price gouging?
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 09:19:52 PM »
they need to bring over the sharon...or charon...whatever it is called, hooked up that is one SWEET minivan!
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!