Author Topic: Rear Window Spoiler  (Read 3643 times)

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Rear Window Spoiler
« on: August 21, 2003, 08:49:05 PM »
I am looking for a source to obtain a rear widow spoiler from for my 2003 B5.5 sedan.  I really want the one that goes above the rear window, but I have not been able to locate one.

Anyone know where to get one?
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Rear Window Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 09:37:30 PM »
aowhaus had one frow Wettworks or something like that, but then he moved it to his trunk lid.

here is a quote from www.clubb5.com and his profile

Quote from: "aowhaus"
Here's more new mods and fun stuff:

Wettworks rear lip spoiler, rear debadged, all chrome & painted VW badge, and solid chrome license plate frame/cover:

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Rear Window Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2003, 09:37:30 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Rear Window Spoiler
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2003, 10:41:14 PM »
Alan's spoiler is a rear lid spoiler, I don't believe he has a window diffuser.  I only know of those for the wagons, but IIRC someone out there has one on a sedan, but I can't remember who.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Rear Window Spoiler
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2003, 01:49:42 AM »
I thought originally Alan had it up above the window...then decided to move it down.  I think it is the M3 or M5 spoiler.  I know Hofele Design is coming out with one.  The have one for the Jetta, just not the Passat yet.  You can see the jetta one by going to www.autobahnx.com and click on VW and see what options they have for all the VW's.  They don't have it broken down by cars, but you can scroll throught the 4 pages and see what is available.  I personally think Hofele makes great products, I had the deck lid diffuser for mine, and Mike has it on his.  Simple design, looks great.

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Rear Window Spoiler
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2003, 01:53:20 PM »
RPI equipped sell one made by rieger...they gave one a away a DATR...

i have the part number somewhere...ill try to find it...
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Rear Window Spoiler
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2003, 01:59:02 PM »
Thanks for the help.  I have been looking all over and only found deck and rear spoilers.  I was begining to think I was joing the have to go "monster garage"  :twisted:  on my car and fabricate one.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

shummer

• Modded
Rear Window Spoiler
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2003, 05:01:41 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"

If you like the looks of this spoiler, I've seen it (or one that looks exactly like it) mounted at the top of the rear window/roof area. I think it's the only spoiler I'd consider getting - smooth and simple.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Rear Window Spoiler
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2003, 02:50:21 PM »
It looks good 8)

I may even put it on the back like you have it, I will just have to see.  Where did you get it and how much did it cost?
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Rear Window Spoiler
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2003, 02:56:56 PM »
www.dtmautohaus.com

Also has a few types of them.  Their website has "issues," but here is a pic of the one for the Jetta:

You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Rear Window Spoiler
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2003, 03:28:39 AM »
Yup, my trunk lid lip spoiler was made originally to be used as a rear window diffuser (from Wetworks).  I placed it on the rear window to see how it looked and even standing close it was hard to see it and didn't do anything to the look of the car (it's less than 2" deep and the lip didn't protrude much).

I then placed it on the trunk lid and thought it looks much better (it really complements the rear end of the B5.5), eventhough I don't like rear spoilers.  The look is subtle and tasteful.
BTW, the Wetworks rear lip spoiler/diffuser is essentially a BMW M3/M5 rear spoiler that has been shortened to fit our cars.  They offer either a rear diffuser (that goes above the rear window) or a trunklid spoiler.  The only difference between the two is that the rear diffuser is about 1/2" shorter in length.

I'm thinking I'll eventually paint the roof a deep gloss black, similar to the Mercedes with the dual or panorama roof or the Porsche 911 Targa.  It really ties the front of the car with the rear and accentuates the arching roofline -- but I'll wait until I get my rear bumper repainted (it's full of scractches and scrapes), which is probably never or until I get rear ended.

-Alan.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Rear Window Spoiler
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2003, 03:23:54 PM »
There was one floating around at www.dtmautohaus.com, but I just checked it and it was no more.

That was a bigger one than the small diffuser by Hofele, but I would post over at CB5 to see if anyone there can locate it.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.