Author Topic: hello there  (Read 1918 times)

Worff

• n00balicious
    • http://
hello there
« on: February 06, 2005, 01:00:42 AM »
Whats up to the few members that know who Worff is.  I finally got cable internet and decided to check out what was going on in Denver.  Hope everthing is good with you guys and your cars.  I started to look for Pats' FMIC pics and couldnt find any (I have not seen it yet) and was wondering what the story was with Jons allroad, last I heard you blew both turbos.  Good luck.
001 Jetta, I know its not a B5, Wolfsburg.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
hello there
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 01:17:37 AM »
turbos are back in, running GREAT, car feels like new, but considering selling and getting another new car, something a bit more sporty, but still utility.  I have considered maybe S4 Avant, so that is in the process.  Should have something worked out by the summer.

Pat did get the FMIC in, there are pics somewhere, but not sure where, I am sure he will chime in.

We totally miss having you around, and at one point, while working on Pat's rear A-arms, there were some stripped bolts, so we thought of you and your thread tapping skills.  We ended up figuring it out, and tapped some great threads and fixed the bolts.  So we kinda dedicated that repair to you...after your experience in tapping for the Zerk fittings on his bushings.

hope to see you out here some time, how is school going?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

hello there
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 01:17:37 AM »

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
hello there
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 05:22:17 AM »
I rember this guy ;)
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
hello there
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 08:27:04 AM »
Quote from: "blueGOLFturbo"
I rember this guy ;)

you should....after the amount of time you all spent together under the front of the allroad wrestling with that front sway bar!!!

Worff

• n00balicious
hello there
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2005, 03:16:43 PM »
yeah, i remember that sway bar also, i do miss hanging out with you guys, all the guys here arent really car guys, believe it or not.  I am still working at VW but I am now a helper to the shop foreman.  He is a really cool old Audi /VW mechanic.  He lets me do most of the work and just sits on his happy ass all day.   School is going really well.  I am still making top grades and I really enjoy it.  I am going to graduate in December but then have to go to a manufacturer training but am still undecided about Audi or BMW.  Jon stick with the wagon, there aint nothing cooler than than a twin turbo wagon unless its an all aluminum V8 wagon. 8)

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
hello there
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 03:59:20 PM »
Quote from: "Worff"
Jon stick with the wagon, there aint nothing cooler than than a twin turbo wagon unless its an all aluminum V8 wagon. 8)

He speaks the truth, Jon. You rember the grin on my face that day when I first went for a ride, ear to ear baby.

But arnt the new S4's V8? :?: hmmm :twisted:
EDIT: for photos.

Photo's taken from the S4 avant page of audi usa dot com.

Fugazi

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
hello there
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 10:10:27 PM »
Yeah, the new S4 is the V8.  I am not totally set on it yet, looking at Volvo and BMW as well for other options.  A friend of mine has the V70R, that thing is amazing, fit and finish are top notch, I like the interior better than my allroad, and the performance leaves my car in the dust, even chipped.  So, the jury is still out, and the other factor is a new house this year, so depending on what i end up with home wise, that will dictate the car I get to some extent.  Right now, I want more house than car, but still want nice car.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
hello there
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 11:21:59 AM »
Hey Worff...haven't talked to you in a little while either. I hope you're enjoying the weather :wink:
I saw three of these
over the weekend.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
hello there
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 01:18:49 PM »
That is what is am looking at to replace the Allroad...either that or something like maybe the V70R.  Need to test drive the manual transmission ones in both cars to try to narrow it down...

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
hello there
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 06:46:15 PM »
V70R is a hot ride.

Fugazi

Worff

• n00balicious
hello there
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 02:35:52 AM »
no joke, the wife wants a V70R also.  IF the Volvos are so bada$$, I might even think about those as a graduate option as well.  They have the Volvo program here as well.  
I am glad to see everybody is still hanging out I just wish I had the same bunch of cool guys out here.