Author Topic: 3rd Annual RMCB5 GTG Track Day  (Read 47460 times)

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
3rd Annual RMCB5 GTG Track Day
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2005, 03:39:08 AM »
I am most likely coming... but just need to check some stuff out first.  Also unsure which car I would bring out

Life's too short to be taken seriously

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Autoworks Colorado has volunteered to sponsor this event!
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2005, 03:30:02 PM »
Autoworks Colorado has volunteered to sponsor our track day.  They are a garage near Kipling and C-470 that specializes in German cars.  I've had exceptional experiences there over the last year, as have other club members and friends that have gone there.  Mark, the owner, has offered some great prizes for track day attendees.  We will have a raffle for the prizes at the drivers meeting before ever getting on the track, so be sure you get there early!  The prizes are:
1.  Two sets of Eibach Pro-Kit springs for an Audi S4 (B5 platform)  These normally sell for about $300 per set and drop the car 1" to 1.5".
2.  Four $100 gift certificates good for labor and/or parts of your choice
Yep, that's $1,000 worth of prizes.  Let's here it for Autoworks Colorado!
This will also be added to the original post.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Autoworks Colorado has volunteered to sponsor this event!
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2005, 03:30:02 PM »

jfrahm

• Modded
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2005, 04:12:30 PM »
Rats, I will be in Sweden that weekend but I may make it to a track there.  I'll look forward to pictures.  I had hoped to get to a track before my trip to work on my skills before tracking a borrowed car, maybe I can take a morning off sometime and hit SCR.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2005, 04:20:01 PM »
Pat, That is OUTSTANDING! Thank you so much for arranging that!

Now, SIGN UP PEOPLE! :D
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2005, 04:21:39 PM »
NO DONT SIGN UP!!!  More prizes for us.  ALL MINE!!!    8)
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.tw34k.com
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2005, 04:24:12 PM »
You got your shoes, hush!
Andrew

Truth has no place in a culture of advertising.
2003 GTI
1992 GTI

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2005, 04:30:56 PM »
Quote from: "34k"
You got your shoes, hush!

LOL LOL HAHAHAHAHA

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2005, 10:26:07 PM »
8O   Holy crap, very nice Pat!!  Yayyyy for Autoworks Colorado!

Jonathan

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2005, 07:45:23 PM »
Pat, I am taking it that the list on Page 1 is up to date and that there is still room.   Assuming so, I am dropping the $ in the mail today.  

Found out the wedding I thought was that weekend is actually the weekend prior.  Yeah, now I get to do both.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

JDawg

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.VerTechGroup.com
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2005, 10:00:08 PM »
Track is beggin' to be driven folks! :)
esident RMCB5 MFD Expert!
Ask and ye shall receive!
(OEM Navigation system)

1995 BMW M3 - Sold
2003 Passat W8 6 Spd - Sold
2005 Audi S4 6 Spd Alcanterra - Sold
2007 BMW M-Coupe - I'm in love!

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2005, 11:37:14 AM »
Quote from: "gragravar"
Pat, I am taking it that the list on Page 1 is up to date and that there is still room.   Assuming so, I am dropping the $ in the mail today.  

Found out the wedding I thought was that weekend is actually the weekend prior.  Yeah, now I get to do both.

Andrew,
Glad to hear you'll be there.  Yes, it is up to date.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

lpshade

• Stock
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2005, 01:07:03 PM »
Send me details - wallacekls@adelphia.net

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2005, 05:57:32 PM »
Ill be training monkeys for third shift at work. Sucks, I never get to do anything fun any more.

Greg
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2005, 06:11:50 PM »
I should end up showing up with my dad and my sister...I highly doubt we'll be doing any driving, but we'll definately take a spin or three :P
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

lpshade

• Stock
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2005, 12:14:10 AM »
I posted on 719 - looks like some folks here in the spings will sign up also, should be a great turn out

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2005, 03:37:06 PM »
*bump*
Alright everyone, this is only a month away now, and we have eight paid participants.  If you plan on going to this, now's the time to start getting the payment together.  Also, please spread the word so we're sure we'll have enough people to make this happen.  I'd like to get the down payment sent in soon.  Thanks.
-Chuck Patterson

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2005, 03:52:13 PM »
:)   glad my check finally got there.

Pat, are you going to sign yourself up?

Everyone else, come on, you gotta sign up so that my pig of an allroad can have nice lightweight cars to chase around the track!  :roll:

Oh, and I am first in line for rides in J. Wilson's new Porsche GT3 which he is brining that day.  :P
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2005, 03:54:49 PM »
I'm on J. Wilson's list, too!
I'm signed up as the event organizer, not a paid participant.  This goes for me and our instructors.  I figure with all the work I've put into this I should be able to get in for working the event.  Oh, and the Autoworks Colorado sponsorship certainly helps my cause, too!  :D
-Chuck Patterson

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2005, 03:59:44 PM »
Quote from: "DenverPat"
I'm signed up as the event organizer, not a paid participant.  This goes for me and our instructors.  I figure with all the work I've put into this I should be able to get in for working the event.  Oh, and the Autoworks Colorado sponsorship certainly helps my cause, too!  :D

Absolutely!   Just making sure you were going too.  I figured you all counted towards the 35 available driving spots.  So, it is 35 spots + organizer(s) + instructors?

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:53 PM »
You got it!
-Chuck Patterson

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2005, 04:00:56 PM »
Oh, and I am first in line for rides in J. Wilson's new Porsche GT3 which he is brining that day.  :P

I still won't be able to sign up for an entire day since I have family out...unless my dad wants to fork over the cash... I'm gonna try and talk him in to it. I should have new pads on by then so my car will be trackable. Although with my suspicion that my clutch is going, I'm very hesitant to take it out.

Anyway, we'll DEFINATELY be there and hang out for a bit (if we don't drive) if we can ride in a GT3. A ride around in Jay's scout had me at 99%...but now I'm at 100%. I don't know him, so if those who do can hook us up, that'd be cool.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2005, 04:08:50 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
I don't know him, so if those who do and hook us up, that'd be cool.

I have known Jim for, wow, 10+ years.  ever since he was lusting after his old boxter.   :roll:   Used to work with him.  

He joined us last year with the red C2.  He had some fun so was happy to sign up again when this year's event came along.

Anyway, it is a cool ride - he just had it at 2nd creek for the PCA track day last week.  he says it was scarry fast - almost too much power for that track.  I cant wait.   :P

Now, how to make a 4300lb pig keep up...

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2005, 04:11:51 PM »
Now, how to make a 4300lb pig keep up...

Nitrous :lol:  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

JDawg

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.VerTechGroup.com
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2005, 05:07:03 PM »
Bad news, I am double-booked that weekend, and am going to go "meet the parents" of my girlfriend Gen.  Obviously if I were to say "hey I will fly up there to meet them next year with you because I love my car stuff more..." I would be castrated.  So, since I wanted to see how the M3 would perform on the track, I have convinced Pat to take it over there for the weekend, so he will be driving it some along with his car too I am sure.  Make sure to take plenty of photos for me so I can see how everyone did!

Jason
esident RMCB5 MFD Expert!
Ask and ye shall receive!
(OEM Navigation system)

1995 BMW M3 - Sold
2003 Passat W8 6 Spd - Sold
2005 Audi S4 6 Spd Alcanterra - Sold
2007 BMW M-Coupe - I'm in love!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2005, 07:31:57 PM »
I am waiting on my work schedule, which will be out May 6th, If they give me the weekend off, I will be there, now to decide on which car to bring, the heavily modified outback with sticky tires, or the standard MINI.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2005, 09:27:06 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
I am waiting on my work schedule, which will be out May 6th, If they give me the weekend off, I will be there, now to decide on which car to bring, the heavily modified outback with sticky tires, or the standard MINI.

Both.  start in one for the morning (the subbie - I want to see how it compares to the ar) then have your S/O bring over the other car and hang out for the afternoon.  then in the afternoon you can drive one, and while it cools, go out in the other.   :D   My doing that is the only way I am going to get to drive both the ar and the 330 in the same day out there.  (I also want to see how the E46 330 compares to JDawg's E36 M3.)

PS - if you find a lightweight trailer to put it on, I would also tow the mini over for you.  gotta love having a tow vehicle that is also a track vehicle.   :P

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2005, 09:54:43 PM »
PS - if you find a lightweight trailer to put it on, I would also tow the mini over for you.  gotta love having a tow vehicle that is also a track vehicle.   :P

that would be great.  Betsy is ok driving a stick, but she is having knee surgery tomorrow, and she won't be able to drive a stick shift for about 2 months....

I would LOVE to have both cars out there, just don't know how to swing it.  I am excited to see how the outback compares to the allroad as well.  I know one thing for sure, my brakes are not up to snuff compared to the allroad, they are small and soft...so I would expect that they will fade quickly.  I will push them, but not too hard, next spring, or maybe this fall, I will be doing a brembo big break kit front and rear.  That will make a lot of difference.  That is the weakest point of the car, the brakes...fine for daily driving, but fear that when pushed and heated, they will not perform like yours do.

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2005, 11:40:15 AM »
Are there really that many open slots??

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2005, 12:06:50 PM »
Quote from: "coveredbytheblood"
Are there really that many open slots??

Yes, seems to be.  Although I think I just convinced 2 more folks to sign up.   One is a co-worker with a BMW 528 - a car I would call deceptively quick.   Also his neighbor with a new body style A8 might join us.  Both are interested to see how their cars will run on the track.   :D

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2005, 01:30:31 PM »
Nice!  I used to have a 528e, but it was an '87 and slow as hell.  Nonetheless, I loved the car.  It did a lot of things right, and was the only other car I've ever owned.  And yes, there are still plenty of spots open.
-Chuck Patterson