Author Topic: 3rd Annual RMCB5 GTG Track Day  (Read 47130 times)

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
3rd Annual RMCB5 GTG Track Day
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2005, 02:01:04 PM »
It would be a shame if not to many people showed.  I guess that means better odds for the prizes and more time for everyone who attends.  SWWWEEEET!!!
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2005, 08:35:11 PM »
I am officially on the Mabye list....  I will have to see how the month starts out.

I hope to be able to attend.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2005, 08:35:11 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2005, 10:10:48 PM »
I linked this at both the Mini site and the LegacyGT site

www.northamericanmotoring.com
and
www.legacygt.com

hope that is OK, I am sure there are a few more guys there that might be interested in joining us...

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2005, 10:37:41 PM »
Thanks Jon.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

BHase

• Modded
Possibly In
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2005, 10:41:19 PM »
I'm quite possibly in, but being the financially strapped law student that I am, I'm going to have to wait till the first week of May is over to see if I can afford the misc. things required (helmet, car inspection, track fee, gasoline).  I'd bring the A4 out, obviously, since that is my only car! If there are any slots open by the time I get things straight, I'll be signing up.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2005, 10:44:11 PM »
Hey Ben, it's good to see you here!  Keep in mind, there's no inspection fee.  There will likely be helmets available to borrow, too.  It'll cost you $75 plus whatever is costs to run the car, that's it.  WoOt, Ben's here!
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

gragravar

• Supercar
Re: Possibly In
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2005, 02:28:39 AM »
Quote from: "BHase"
being the financially strapped law student that I am,Ben

where at?  If DU you are really financially strapped, if CU, kind of financially strapped.  Either way it is a fun experience.  

I got my JD from DU in '95.

- gragravar (Esq. I guess)   :wink:
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2005, 04:05:43 PM »
Washington Univ. in St. Louis -> Bankrupt for 3 years. I'm Class of '06, so, not too much longer to go!
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

b005t

• n00balicious
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2005, 05:36:12 PM »
im down...
hit me up at matush@colorado.edu
acute;01 a4 1.8tqm
sportec chip
slotted rotors/hawk pads
ipod/v1 hardwired

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2005, 05:43:05 PM »
Quote from: "b005t"
im down...

haha, guess the ribbing at Audiworld got to you ;).  Anyway, glad you will be joining us on track day!!!

cheers
jon

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2005, 05:45:36 PM »
Quote from: "b005t"
im down...

Check out page one of the thread, get in touch with DenverPat and he'll give you the details.

ColoradoMark

• Stock
« Reply #71 on: April 27, 2005, 12:25:53 AM »
If you're wanting a warm-up you might consider the Audi Club Event that is coming up in May...
ACNA web site

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2005, 11:52:36 AM »
Well guys, we have seven paid entrants so far.  I need to have the money ready to pay for the track soon, and I am not willing to pay for it myself and hope that enough people sign up to make this work.  Initially I did not put a deadline on payments because I thought it was very likely we would have more people wanting to participate than the 35 allowed.  However, it looks like that's not the case so far.  If we don't have 29 paid participants by the end of next week (5/14), there is a very good chance this will not happen.  I know I've spoken with a few of you that have told me you'll be sending a check to me very soon.  Please get those to me ASAP.  We need others to make the commitment soon, too.  I just don't want everyone to think they can show up on track day with a check in hand ready to drive.  Please let me know if you have any questions.
-Chuck Patterson

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2005, 01:28:03 PM »
I sure am hoping you get those other checks soon.  I really want to see this happen.

Jay - can you bump this up on the home page too to get some more visibility?
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

ColoradoMark

• Stock
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2005, 03:49:18 PM »
Pat,

You might talk to Bob and see if he can cut you some slack if the early turn-out isn't as expected. I guess the options are:
1. Cancel
2. Negotiate a sliding rate with SCR and keep the event private,
3. Join in with an open track day - this could be anything from not much difference to a huge difference depending on who and what shows up to drive that day.

If attendence is down I'll pay to drivce as there won't be much instructing to do.

Doric

• n00balicious
    • http://www.rmgto.com
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2005, 04:37:21 PM »
A friend of mine just sent me a link to this thread.

It's great to have such an event, and it would be a real shame if it falls through.  To that end, I'd like to ask your permission to offer the opportunity up to my own RMGTO members.

I certainly don't want to intrude, but my members are always keen to spend a day at the track.

Thanks.

url=http://www.rmgto.com]Rocky Mountain GTO[/url] Webmaster

2004 Quicksilver A4 GTO

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2005, 04:39:27 PM »
Hey Doric, glad to see you here.  I assume you're Alex's friend?  We'd love to have the GTO guys out there with us, so feel free to post it.  Thanks for the interest.
-Chuck Patterson

Doric

• n00balicious
    • http://www.rmgto.com
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2005, 05:03:27 PM »
Quote from: "DenverPat"
Hey Doric, glad to see you here.  I assume you're Alex's friend?  We'd love to have the GTO guys out there with us, so feel free to post it.  Thanks for the interest.

'Alex' doesn't ring a bell, but it's hard to keep up sometimes with the local community.   :oops:

I'll let my guys know about this and toss a link up on the RMGTO website.  Thanks.   8)
url=http://www.rmgto.com]Rocky Mountain GTO[/url] Webmaster

2004 Quicksilver A4 GTO

dubitup

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2005, 05:05:37 PM »
Hey ya Pat,

I've sent the link to Colorado Rocky Mountain Reef Club

also, one of our construction contractors Colorado Boring, these guys love to race......

Hopefully some of them will sign up

Alex

fun_es_TT

• n00balicious
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2005, 07:29:46 PM »
Count me in.
ute & Fun

fun_es_TT

• n00balicious
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2005, 02:28:44 AM »
Pat,

I'm pulling out as I just learned about the Second Creek Driving School on May 13th through May 15th.  I need the lessons and due to budgeting issues I can't do both events.

Sorry, I know you need the headcounts.
ute & Fun

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2005, 10:40:33 AM »
Quote from: "fun_es_TT"
Pat,

I'm pulling out as I just learned about the Second Creek Driving School on May 13th through May 15th.  I need the lessons and due to budgeting issues I can't do both events.

Sorry, I know you need the headcounts.

Did you see in the original post we will have instructors available for teaching?  ColoradoMark is a former quattro Club driving instructor, and Rick races Speed World Challenge.  Both will be great assets to all of us, especially at $75.
-Chuck Patterson

Irrsinn

• n00balicious
Sign me up.
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2005, 10:58:56 PM »
I'm in.

BHase

• Modded
Question
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2005, 03:19:10 PM »
Quick question...I have a non-Audi driving friend who would also potentially join us for the track day, and he would be driving my car.  

First, is it then $75 for each person driving? In this case, $75 for me and $75 for my friend (Mike)?

Second, is anybody planning on bringing helmets? Because it is unlikely that I will be able to purchase one before the meet.

Ben

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2005, 03:22:14 PM »
Ben~
Yep, it's $75 per driver.
There will likely be helmets to borrow.  Maybe someone on here will volunteer theirs to share with you.  Then you could just alternate with them for track time.
-Chuck Patterson

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2005, 03:29:50 PM »
Ok, Pat, sounds good. I should be able to send a check here very soon, and my friend's will likely be along with it.

Ben

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2005, 08:11:03 PM »
I am trying to get a couple of guys to commit.  One is from work who owns a 05' A4 and the other a neighbor with a GTI 1.8t.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

ColoradoMark

• Stock
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2005, 03:02:23 PM »
I just signed up my son - it will be his first time driving on the track. He's only 17, but he's been autocrossing since a week after his 16th birthday. He also did the Winter Driving School at Steamboat this year.

What' s amazing is that there were no complaints from the mom front in having him come! I think we're wearing her down.

bigd

• n00balicious
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2005, 04:28:16 PM »
wOot woOt!   1st post 4 mee!

So I finally signed up for this board.  I don't have an Audi or a Vdub but I do have a rather formidable weapon to bring to SCR.  Hehe, a few of you know what it is.  I'll be sure to bring some insightful jibberish to this site.  Pat, I'll drop off teh check this weekend..

c'mon people, sign up!!!
nyone can fire a bullet, few can actually steer it.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2005, 05:32:56 PM »
BigD?  I hope that D stands for Dave! :P
-Chuck Patterson