Author Topic: damn gAy4's and there stupid quirks....  (Read 1904 times)

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
damn gAy4's and there stupid quirks....
« on: July 01, 2003, 08:23:07 AM »
ok went to school the other day, and my car was running great.....ok well normal at least, so i go to class come out start my car and start driving, and there is nothing....damn car felt like a NA motor running on 3 cyl and pulling  a trailer....wtf so i pull over and check it out

my damn vaccum line from my diverter valve was snaped clean in half..... so not able to do anything till i got home 45 miles later.....

by that time my D-valve had blown, shit was stuck open.....DAMN IT

so i replaced all the small vaccum lines in my motor, and replaced the d-valve w/ a TT 225 d-valve, which BTW was a major PITA (no room to work in there what so ever) found out my car has a K&N filter, but was clogged as shit, so i cleaned the hell out of it.....

then since my belly pan was hanging because i hit a damn cat the other day i just yanked it off, and since i was in the area i drilled 4 each 3/4" holes in my fender liner behind the SMIC, and mounted some mesh on the IC side of the liner

result....my car has alot more balls.... and is now running great!!!

shitty that i had to screw with it but i am glad i got all that done, it was a great day in the garage!
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

Rascal

• Stock
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 01:51:47 PM »
Did you remember to rotate the tires to?  :)  I'm glad everything is better.  How can a vacuum line be clean in half?  Isn't it a rubber hose, or not?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 01:51:47 PM »

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 11:16:05 PM »
yes it is a rubber hose that has the string liner around it, it was only hanging together by a couple of threads

and yes it perplexes mew as to how this snapped, but it did

pat said my car felt a little slow even for a 150hp quattro...nust have been leaking for a while i guess....
OT DISH?-----> nope!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 11:29:25 PM »
Those hoses get pretty much shot by 40K and they will split/crack usually before they break.  So you probably had some vaccum leaking going on.

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 08:49:08 AM »
yeah but they are all fixed now.....thank god!!!
OT DISH?-----> nope!

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2003, 09:02:11 PM »
To heck with 40K miles. Mine were bad at 26K miles!!  :roll:  :cry:  The factory should have installed silicone hoses to deal with the added heat of a turbo engine bay.

As for you taking off your belly pan. I would do that. The belly pan is attached to the lower front part of the wheel well liners (you know the ones you drilled the holes in). If left like that they will eventually both get two large holes in them from rubbing against the tires while driving the car. this has happened to way too many people that thought it wouldn't hurt to just take that belly pan off. It's also an aerodynamic part of the car too. As well as a design element of the way the car forces air through the radiator. Without the belly pan, you have changed the way the air will pass through the radiator.

The belly pan is actually a good thing.  :)
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

kt037

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 11:55:31 PM »
yeah but i keep nknockeing the darn thin off and i am sick of buying those funky ars bolts at audi... third time this has  happened to it!!!
OT DISH?-----> nope!