Author Topic: Hola Everyone! I'm another new one.  (Read 3183 times)

iwert

• n00balicious
Hola Everyone! I'm another new one.
« on: February 14, 2005, 02:11:26 PM »
Well, I suppose I'm introducing myself somewhat.  First off, I'm here thanks to Winston Price and Jenifer Price.  They are very good people with a niffty kid.  Now, my name is Ken.  I'm an aries and I love long walks in the rain.  J/K to half of that statement.  I'm much better in person than writing about myself.  So, anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone at the next club meeting!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 02:16:14 PM »
Coolio. I think half the club members including myself can attribute membership to Winston ;)
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 02:16:14 PM »

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 02:41:05 PM »
Welcome.  Our next meeting is actually this weekend.  Sunday at the D&B on Colorado and I-25.  Check out the GTG/Gargae days forum for info.  I think it starts at like 2:00.  Good to have you on board!
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 03:10:33 PM »
Welcome! :)

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 03:24:06 PM »
Do you like piņa coladas? I kid, I kid. Welcome.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 03:53:16 PM »
Hey Ken!  Good to see ya here.  Be sure and try and make it Sunday if you can.  You can see some great cars there.  We'll be parking on the roof of D&B's off Colorado Blvd.

You should get some inspiration then and get to meet a lot of people both in the club and even more that aren't (there are several in town).
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 03:53:19 PM »
IF you know the Price's then we are all in trouble.  Welcome aboard, I promise no goats will be harmed in your initiation.

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2005, 03:56:31 PM »
Dub's at it again.  Once you are in his grasp, there is NO escape.

Welcome!
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 04:01:07 PM »
Ken,

Here are the details on the GTG Sunday in case you haven't surf the VWVortex before.  

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1785300&page=1

The Rocky Mountain forum has all of the good general VW stuf in the area.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 06:21:57 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
IF you know the Price's then we are all in trouble.  

WERD!!!!   :wink:

Welcome to the club

iwert

• n00balicious
Holy!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 08:23:56 PM »
First, thanks everyone for the warm welcome.  I'm sorry I missed the last meeting at D&B.  My sister was in town.  When is the next meeting.  Please don't let it be until mid March.  Normally I don't have so much to do but man lately.  Anyway, let me know and I will show.  I swear.  Finally, I have my first question for anyone who, I hope, can answer it.  What is the "thing" that is like a little shade on the top back window of BMW, I think.  I think it's kinda a spoiler or just a look thing.  I hope someone here knows what I'm talking about.  I don't know the name of it but I was wondering it's called and if I can put one on my Jetta.  Ken...  Oh, one more thing, does anyone know why my jetta smells like sulfur, outside not in.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Re: Holy!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 09:24:26 PM »
Quote from: "iwert"
First, thanks everyone for the warm welcome.  I'm sorry I missed the last meeting at D&B.  My sister was in town.  When is the next meeting.  Please don't let it be until mid March.  Normally I don't have so much to do but man lately.  Anyway, let me know and I will show.  I swear.  Finally, I have my first question for anyone who, I hope, can answer it.  What is the "thing" that is like a little shade on the top back window of BMW, I think.  I think it's kinda a spoiler or just a look thing.  I hope someone here knows what I'm talking about.  I don't know the name of it but I was wondering it's called and if I can put one on my Jetta.  Ken...  Oh, one more thing, does anyone know why my jetta smells like sulfur, outside not in.

Well I don't know when the next VW/Audi GTG will be, I think march. The next RMCB5 event is at the end of may.  There is also a BBQ in late april.

Not sure about the BMW thing.

As for the Sulfur smell, well if it really is a sulfur/rotten egg smell that is an indicator of a bad cat (catalytic converter). Have you received any CEL (check engine light)s or things like that?  

Also, since winter time proves to be trying on our pollution Colorado requires all stations to provide corn car, oxygenated ful basically.  It tends to smell funny because of the crap put in there to make it "pollutionly friendly."

I guess it depends how strong the odor is and if you are having any performance problems with the car.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 09:27:02 PM »
Hey Ken, it's Winston.  The rear window wing is called a rear window diffuser or rear window spoiler, and I think they are hot!

Here is a picture from DTMAutoHaus.com

It's called a roof wing there.
http://www.dtmautohaus.com/html/vwjetta4.html

As far as the sulphur smell, it's probably bad gas...don't feed that Jetta onions!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 10:31:49 AM »
I also just read over at CB5....er, PassatWorld that it could also be signs of a bad catalytic converter but that would have to be professionaly looked at. It would have had to have been clogged up for a while too.

I also think rear diffusers are hot.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

iwert

• n00balicious
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 08:39:39 PM »
You guys rock!  I've been trying to figure out what that thing is call forever now.  Ah, now I can go out and get one of my own!  I've heard that it could be my catalytic converter.  Dang.  I haven't had any engine problems or lights come on.  I've had that smell since I've owned the car.  I told the dealer guys and they never said anything about it.  I would hope they would check it when something smell funny.  Thanks again--Ken...