Author Topic: New speed trap ploy  (Read 2764 times)

Rascal

• Stock
New speed trap ploy
« on: July 03, 2003, 01:59:16 PM »
...at leat one I've never seen before.  I was going north on Huron north of 128th.  There was a Police Blazer twenty feet to the side of the south bound traffic and facing traffic.  He was sitting in the Blazer with the hood up.  I don't think the south bound traffic would know it's police until it's way too late (hood hides the lights).  I hadn't noticed any other chaser cops after him.

I just thought it was strange.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
New speed trap ploy
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 02:36:45 PM »
That is strange...could you see if he was using his radar gun? or was he just sitting there eating his morning DOH-nut.  Maybe he was really broken down....?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

New speed trap ploy
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 02:36:45 PM »

Rascal

• Stock
New speed trap ploy
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 02:45:53 PM »
Perhaps he really was broken down, but then, he really parked off road in some tall grass.  He didn't just pull over.  I was being cutoff by a pickup truck, so I didn't get a chance to see what the officer was doing in the Blazer.  He would have had to hang the radar out the driver's side, opposite the street, so I wouldn't have seen it.  But what I wondered is if the radar would have been able to see around his hood.

People do speed through that stretch of road, so I would imagine some eventual speed enforcement.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
New speed trap ploy
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 03:38:18 PM »
Back in the day on C-470 near Quebec they used a speed trap that consisted of at least one cop car with his flashers on making it look like he had a car pulled over (which was an unmarked).  They would clock ya and the unmarked would go after ya.

It didn't last long.  There are rules about how the police can get ya speeding.

Rascal

• Stock
New speed trap ploy
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 03:53:20 PM »
Does JeffCo still park a car with a mannequin on HW6?  I always thought that was funny.

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
New speed trap ploy
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 03:00:16 AM »
Quote from: "Rascal"
Does JeffCo still park a car with a mannequin on HW6?  I always thought that was funny.

german polizei do that, except they also have a radar and a camara in the unmarkedcar too!!
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

Rascal

• Stock
New speed trap ploy
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2003, 03:06:01 PM »
Quote from: "kt037"
Quote from: "Rascal"

german polizei do that, except they also have a radar and a camara in the unmarkedcar too!!

...and the traffic judge in a van around the corner.  Speedy justice!