Author Topic: Fun things you can do with your car...(56K warning)  (Read 2601 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Fun things you can do with your car...(56K warning)
« on: July 03, 2003, 07:24:47 PM »
My "tough" stance....don't mess with me or I'll run you over.

Can you believe we made it over this hill?  Had to capture the moment first

Me trying to get back into the car after taking some shots

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 07:35:50 PM »
That third picture makes me laugh, I recall a time when wheelin in my scout I hopped out while on a big rock to look at the angle and then I realized I had jumped down about 4 or 5 feet.  It was pretty tought to get back in.  I found the passenger side much easier to get through.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 07:35:50 PM »

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2003, 07:32:27 AM »
lol those are great pics Jon!  Did you get any scratches on her?!  8O

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 01:44:17 PM »
One on the passenger front door, about 20 inches long...but I should be able to buff it out, not deep at all, just surface.  It bummed me...but that is what happens when you go off road, so Ican't be all that upset...it was my own fault.  I was still going slow, but it was eigher drive real close to the shrubs or drop a tire off a cliff section...I went for the shrubs. :wink:   It was a lot of fun though, very smooth, and the car did amazingly well over some of the really rocky sections.  I was really concerned about the tires, so I went very slow.  If I had true off road tires, I may have gone a bit quicker over the jeep sections.

There is anothe audiworld guy with a 2003 ar that I will be getting together with next month and we are going to get some "group" shots in situations like that, that should be a hoot...2 ar's offroad. :D

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 02:07:17 PM »
It's nice to see someone using their ride like it's supposed to used...I had some yahoo in Chicago make a crack at me doing trials on my bike, "We like to take care of our nice bikes." The dork was riding a $1200 Fischer on the pavement by the beach...I wanted to smack him. 1) For insinuating that I didn't take care of my bike and 2) for being stupid enough not to know that his bike was built for that kind of work...poser  :x
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2003, 02:57:40 AM »
this sounds funny, but if you are gonna do that alot, you should have your fenders, doors and quarter panels done in 3m crearbra.....

if done right, from seam to seam you will never know, and it will keep from scratching her...

it is expensive tho.....had it doen on my jeep cheerokee (ex-wife made me when i brought her car home witha 2" scratch) cost me like$ 80 to have it bufed out (wasn't allowed to touch her car) and $470 to have the clearbra done

but yes it is nice to see someone usinfg their car to the fullest of its capabilities!!!
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2003, 04:03:45 PM »
Very nice. :lol:   To bad you cannot put that in every new Allroad sold.  Or make it a prerequiset to buying one.  I have to laugh at every yahoo that drives a vehicle designed for off road and it looks cleaner than the day they bought it.  I.E. the H2.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Rascal

• Stock
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2003, 04:30:34 PM »
A guy down the street from me has the H2.  I laughed watching his wife climb on the side to get their kid out of the car seat.  She is pretty tall in any case.

I think that's cool way of reclining your seat, Jon.  :)