Author Topic: Question on Tiptronic  (Read 1081 times)

QuietStorm

• Stock
Question on Tiptronic
« on: June 07, 2005, 01:14:17 AM »
I have a early model 2001 GLX 4Motion.  My display between the tach and the speedometer shows temp and average milage w/all the goods.  My manual shows that there should be 3 sections on the display......average miles...temp...and at the bottom the gear you are in (while in manual or triptronic).  My question is why mine only shows the first 2.  It looks as if everything is working just fine.  The little display area is perfectly split into 2 sections.  This would just be very convenient when I use my triptronic while driving.  From a standing start I can figure out what gear I am in, but if I am moving 40 miles an hour and want to shift to triptronic for a little fun I have no idea what gear I am shifting into.  Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!!

BHase

• Modded
Question on Tiptronic
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 02:03:10 AM »
Hmm...tiptronic (I assume it is called tiptronic on VW as well, not Triptronic?) should display automatically in there once you shift over to it. When you shift to normal automatic mode, then it should just show 1-2-3, drive, reverse, etc. It has been awhile since I had a second A4 w/ tiptronic.  Not sure why yours isn't switching over. Sounds like an error to me.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Question on Tiptronic
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 02:03:10 AM »

QuietStorm

• Stock
Question on Tiptronic
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 01:07:29 PM »
Yeah, it's tiptronic...my bad.  But everything looks absolutely normal on the display.  There is no area to fit an extra display.  I was wondering if anyone knows any secrets that allow you to toggle between displays?  That's the only simple explanation I can think of.  Although my manual shows nothing concerning a toggle option.  

Confused

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Question on Tiptronic
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 01:28:02 PM »
I wonder if the the ECU was flashed or replaced and not reprogrammed properly? The MFA (display )should be the same for manuals or tiptronics, only tiptronics will show what gear you ar in.

I'm sure there is something you can get into with a VAG-COM to make sure it is actually reading that information.

I know in my old Audi that the diplay (entire console) had been replaced and even this one had a problem communicating with the NAV system so if I tried using it nothing would display. So there is the possibility that the MFA might have a problem getting the data to display.