Author Topic: Possible Fender Rolling GTG  (Read 5630 times)

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
Possible Fender Rolling GTG
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2005, 07:34:56 PM »
On my Infiniti I had some wider wheels/tires on there and was rubbing for a while - it actually sliced into the sidewall of the tire. It was not enough to go through, but certainly enough for me to notice what was happening when I looked at the tire... now that is NOT a good thing!!

I rolled the fenders after that -- manually -- it wasn't pretty (or easy) but better than a big radial slice around the tire at 70mph. 8O
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2005, 05:47:18 PM »
Ok, here is the deal.  The fender rolling will include much more than just what the roller does, so the tab will be $75 a car for 2 wheel wells.  This is if you prep them and clean them  yourself.

You will want to remove your liners and make sure that everything is as clean as possible to prevent issues.  Also, just in case, bring a hairdryer, if you have one.

For the 5 people listed up top, let me know if you are still in.  It take 1-1.5 hours per car to get this done...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2005, 05:47:18 PM »

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2005, 06:16:33 PM »
Updated top post with date (March 26th)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2005, 06:24:02 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
Ok, here is the deal.  The fender rolling will include much more than just what the roller does, so the tab will be $75 a car for 2 wheel wells.  This is if you prep them and clean them  yourself.

It will include more labor? Or more results. So he doesn't have a heat gun then?
I'm still in regardless...if we can get an afternoon time that would be fantastic otherwise, I'll have to get it done on my own.
My car will be prepped. However, for $75 and only two wheel wells, I'd better not have to do any paint work and it'd better be damn'd near professional :wink:
In any case, props to Jesse...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2005, 07:13:34 PM »
I'm out.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2005, 09:24:57 PM »
Our dyno day is the on 26th too... I'm out, even though you didn't have me on your list... I originally posted I was in. :wink:
mad wagon

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2005, 01:30:09 PM »
Ok, since we are looking at a high potential of paint cracking with this process, I am going to cancel it.  If anyone still wants to go ahead with it, let me know and I will get you in touch with Jesse.

Thanks.

Dub