Author Topic: Kinda stupid question  (Read 1434 times)

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
Kinda stupid question
« on: March 09, 2005, 04:19:18 AM »
I went out to replace the stickers on my rear plate and the screws are siezed. WTF? Why is it that I always get the stupid problems that are just annoying enough to make me just stand there and just look numbly at it. Anyway, how does the securing posts that hold the screw in come out? If someone tells me that I have to drill it out, I'm going to let Jay industrial staple my head and use it as a magnetinc dart board. Anyone?
P.S. while trying to get them out, the screw broke off in two of the four mounting holes...hence the stupid question.
Look officer, I really do own it......

gragravar

• Supercar
Kinda stupid question
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 04:42:21 PM »
get that staple gun ready.  I bet you have to drill them out.

you could always try a dremmel cutoff wheel to cut the heads off instead, but drilling seems easier.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Kinda stupid question
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 04:42:21 PM »

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
Kinda stupid question
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 03:04:13 AM »
Had to drill the piece out and put rubber grommets and a washer on one side and thena rubber spacer to seal it on both sides. Much less of a pain than I thought. Lesson learned though, nylon screws are definitely cheaper than having to drill and replace metal screws. Jay, bring the stapler tomorrow, I'll bring the vicodin.
Look officer, I really do own it......

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Kinda stupid question
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 11:21:43 AM »
Umm...i would, but I just lost a mudflap :oops:  :roll: My car's so frakin' ghetto. Hopefully that'll change by tomorrow...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Kinda stupid question
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 03:10:43 AM »
Dang Steve, I had a similar issue with the installation of my rear warning triangle, only a little backwards.  I couldn't find how to get the screws to take, since it looked like they were just going to be fastened by the carpet or I would have to drill through the metal.

We'll luckily it turned out that VW already had not only the hole in place, but the grommets as well, so I just turned the screws... :D
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

speedpro

• Stock
    • http://www.speedpros4.com
Kinda stupid question
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 07:58:56 PM »
I hate lame problems like that.  I say just kick it until it breaks, then go buy a whole new rear bumper.
peedpro

'01 S4 Avant