Author Topic: VW's on the Green  (Read 1762 times)

scott

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
VW's on the Green
« on: March 28, 2005, 12:35:23 PM »

No profanity.... WTF?????

Oh by the way, for those of you who were thinking abot going, let me share this little tidbit with you. I offered to sponsor two of their show trophies (in the name of our club, Edition 719) and I was told that we are not welcome there, and that we did nothing but make last year's show worse. I am still trying to figure out how we made it worse by providing an army of volunteers, 18 to be excat but whatever...

I also offered to pay a $50 stuffing fee to get DATR flyers put in the goodie bags and I was told that no one and nothing from 719 was going to have anything to do with their show.

I will not be supporting the chumps that run that f***ing show, but I will be going and parking in the spectator lot so that I can hang out with my friends and enjoy myself.    :roll:

Scuba2001

• Modded
VW's on the Green
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 12:44:51 PM »
There was drama last year and iirc they didnt like the Watercooled guys and wanted to keep this show all air cooled from what I remember.

Not totally sure though.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

VW's on the Green
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 12:44:51 PM »

scott

• Lightly Modded
VW's on the Green
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 12:47:40 PM »
The drama was mainly Lance having a temper tantrum because we were there, never did anyone else make a public complaint. Yes there were several issue brought to the attention of the VWEC President and most of them were handled, but there was no "drama" other than what our buddy from Boulder created.

The aircooled guys NEVER suggested cutting water cars out, that was an ugly rumor started because of some internal problems with VWEC. They had a bunch of members quit and start their own club... it was ugly.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
VW's on the Green
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 01:08:22 PM »
Oooo...neat. I'm not going.

I've been keeping up somewhat with the Vortex thread and the show this year sounds well, interesting. But it's all been hashed to death so we'll keep it out of this forum :D
Anyway, sorry (sort of) to hear they cut you guys out. I think my first show of the year is DATR.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

scott

• Lightly Modded
VW's on the Green
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 01:14:44 PM »
Yeah I was not trying to really start any big revolution, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew what the backstory was here. If this thread has to be locked or something (or edited) I will understand.

Scuba2001

• Modded
VW's on the Green
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 01:31:50 PM »
Makes sense then.  Its a shame people get their panties in a wad over something simple as that.

If you all still go, enjoy it.  Hopefully the weather will be nice by the time May comes around for you guys.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
VW's on the Green
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 02:17:41 PM »
that's a shame.  How are they going to draw up more interest if they do something like this?
I never noticed any problems last year and I thought it was a great time and great event.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

scott

• Lightly Modded
VW's on the Green
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 03:41:46 PM »
EDIT: nevermind... I am not going to go there anymore...

go if you want, stay home if you don't... it is that simple!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
VW's on the Green
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 04:35:05 PM »
yeah, let's keep our opinions out of it.  Sad to see where things have ended up....but we don't want to have a thread where we flame one group over another...the wonderful thing about this club is our support in general for any enthusiast.  I am sure we would all want to keep it that way.

so i am gonna lock this one down for now.