Author Topic: highway patrol getting sneaky  (Read 1592 times)

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
highway patrol getting sneaky
« on: January 25, 2005, 06:28:05 PM »
Highway police patrol are now using more and more undercover cars to catch speeders and other driving offenses, so watch out.

I've seen a few dark blue Chevy Tahoes and Silver Ford F150s pulling people over, and on the radio I've heard of reports of similar trucks (many with a roof/ski rack disguising their police lights) and even a Dodge Magnum with a ski rack.  All of these vechicles has dark tinted windows.

It's kinda odd, when you think about it, having a pickup truck with a ski rack -- another thing to watch out for on the hightways.

I'd guess everyone now knows to slow down at the sight of a Crown Vics or Grand Marquis on the road.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 06:43:13 PM »
Why would you put a ski rack on Dodge Magnum when  you're supposed to be able to fit a surfboard in the back? That's where I'd put my board...in the back.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 06:43:13 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 06:44:27 PM »
I drove up to idaho Sprongs and back for lunch, there wre a few, here were focusing on Semis though.  Had the van out, must be checking for weaight or cargo or something.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 08:20:43 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
Why would you put a ski rack on Dodge Magnum when  you're supposed to be able to fit a surfboard in the back? That's where I'd put my board...in the back.

Exactly.
I'd guess because the rear window dips so low on the Magnum, a ski rack would be a more prominant place to hide the warning lights.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

tweakeDub

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 12:38:24 AM »
the follow up to the use of the magnum is that the crown vic may no longer be made

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 10:17:51 AM »
I can personally attest to unmarked  silver Jeep Cherokees.  I passed on as I passed a gravel truck leaking gravel.  He was cruising west bound on I76 just before 270.  He pulled me over a bit after my pass since I was still doing 80 mph.  He knew why I passed and only gave me a warning!

As I spoke to Pat yesterday cruising down the road I saw the unmarked Dodge Intrepids they rolled out about two years ago.  

You have to keep an eye out or they will get ya!

B5_Alex

• Lightly Modded
Speaking of sneaky .....
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 03:43:38 PM »
.... I was coming back from Denver on Sunday and my radar detector was going absolutelly crazy from the first hills all the way to Loveland. Not just a little ... more like a christmas tree all the way 'till Loveland. Weird ...
I know in CT on I95 they have those signal jammers that do about the same thing (gave me a headache going skiing in VT), but this was worse.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed that.

Alex

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 02:29:55 PM »
One on monday,, a Monte Carlo turned out onto parker into the turn lane.  We were going the same speed, he flashed his lights at me as if to say get out of my way.  I was like, um, you turned out next to me idiot!
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood