Author Topic: Death by Ferrari  (Read 1589 times)

PasSoup

• Lightly Modded
Death by Ferrari
« on: July 25, 2005, 07:02:35 PM »
PARKER - A man was killed Sunday when a Ferrari crashed into the backyard of a home and burst into flames.

The accident happened around 1 a.m. between Quail Run and Riva Ridge in Parker.

Police say the Ferrari was speeding down Main Street when the driver lost control, went off the south side of the road and crashed into the backyard of a residence.

"We saw a bunch of debris on the deck and the car was on fire," said homeowner Kade Hollingshed.  "Everyone started grabbing hoses to put the fire out."

The passenger in the car, a man in his mid-20s, was killed.  The driver of the car, a man from Parker in his mid-30s, was taken to an area hospital and is expected to survive, according to police.

Police are investigating the cause of the crash, including whether alcohol was a factor.

Jonathon

1999 Passat 30V V6
2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 3.7L V6

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: Death by Ferrari
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 11:21:37 PM »
Quote from: "PasSoup"
PARKER - A man was killed Sunday when a Ferrari crashed into the backyard of a home and burst into flames.

The accident happened around 1 a.m. between Quail Run and Riva Ridge in Parker.

Police say the Ferrari was speeding down Main Street when the driver lost control, went off the south side of the road and crashed into the backyard of a residence.

"We saw a bunch of debris on the deck and the car was on fire," said homeowner Kade Hollingshed.  "Everyone started grabbing hoses to put the fire out."

The passenger in the car, a man in his mid-20s, was killed.  The driver of the car, a man from Parker in his mid-30s, was taken to an area hospital and is expected to survive, according to police.

Police are investigating the cause of the crash, including whether alcohol was a factor.

Well that is going to haunt that guy for the rest of his life.  He lost a Ferrari and killed his friend through utter stupidity.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: Death by Ferrari
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 11:21:37 PM »

Scuba2001

• Modded
Death by Ferrari
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 12:33:07 AM »
Man, thats sad.  I could care less about the car, but killing a friend because of stupidity is just something I couldnt live with for the rest of my life.

Not an easy thing to deal with.

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Death by Ferrari
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 12:53:11 AM »
I totally agree.

The passenger's life was in the hands of the driver (as well as other innocent bystanders), who let his ferrari-driven ego do something that irresponsible  and he has to live with this guilt for the rest of his life.  
Doesn't matter if it was a ferrari or a kia, there's no excuse for this disregard for personal safety and well-being.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

TurboDub

• Modded
Death by Ferrari
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 01:34:58 AM »
That's SO awful...

Unfortunately, I can't claim with ANY certainty that IF I had access to a Ferrari, (f40 for example) I'd would't do some stupid sh!t in it...Most likely with a friend riding shotgun...laughing hysterically right up to the end.

A car like that could easily get away from anyone who let their guard down, even for a second.

I don't know the facts surrounding this accident at all...It just makes me think about the fact that bad sh!t happens all the time. I can't imagine how this guy must feel...or the victim's family, etc. Tragic... :(
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

evil_O

• Modded
Death by Ferrari
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 02:05:50 AM »
1989 348
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Death by Ferrari
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 02:26:52 AM »
I just saw it on the news -- the driver is suspected of being drunk at the time of the accident.  Hope he will learn his lession for the rest of his life.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
Death by Ferrari
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 03:53:42 AM »
Quote from: "TurboDub"
That's SO awful...

Unfortunately, I can't claim with ANY certainty that IF I had access to a Ferrari, (f40 for example) I'd would't do some stupid sh!t in it...Most likely with a friend riding shotgun...laughing hysterically right up to the end.

A car like that could easily get away from anyone who let their guard down, even for a second.

I don't know the facts surrounding this accident at all...It just makes me think about the fact that bad sh!t happens all the time. I can't imagine how this guy must feel...or the victim's family, etc. Tragic... :(

Smart drivers keep themselves in check.  Shit does happen, but a good driver isn't going to push himself to his absolute limit on city streets.

Alcohol makes any drvier a bad driver.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

BHase

• Modded
Death by Ferrari
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 01:12:04 PM »
Driving your Ferrari while drunk with a passenger makes you double-dumb. If you're not already dead, they should shoot you.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay