Author Topic: 2005 Denver Auto Show Pics...56K...run for your life  (Read 2792 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
2005 Denver Auto Show Pics...56K...run for your life
« on: March 31, 2005, 04:47:56 AM »
Please excuse my typing, I don't have spell check, it is midnight, but felt this info was WAY to important to not get it out ASAP...so just read and have fun.

Ok, well, I got a few VIP passes from Subaru, so I went with my best bud Mike, and another good bud, Jonny.  The 3 of us started off at the VIP checkin.  We were even given a free high tech camera that was made by Subaru...had a picture of their new SUV on it, it is cool.  I am gonna sell it on Ebay and make "One Zillion, qwatrillion, bazillion dollars".  So I will be so rich, I can buy all the cool cars they had a the show...even took some pics of the cool ones you will see below.

from there, we entered the fabulous world of new cars that are or will soon be available to us.  We were more than excited, and as we finally started to look around, we realized we were not the only ones excited.  This spokes woman had to put her pants back on after getting so excited...she even let me take a picture of her doing it, hehe

from there, we had to go to the special vendor displays...and got a shot of a homme doing his best to learn to drive on the handicap adaptation device....he did very well and got a round of applause.  They wanted to give him some baloons for his efforts, but we voted against it, since he might choke on them.

this idea was passed on to us but the 80's flash back of the "new aged sensitive guy"  We decided to shake his pony tail instead of his hand since his hands were so full of schwag...

after that meaningful encounter, a heart felt moment indeed, we could not contain ourselves and headed over to the Saturn display where we saw this wonderful 40 something year old dude and his mom really getting into what Saturn had to offer.  We complimented him on his nifty shirt and schnazzy shoes.  I thought he was a Saturn salesman, but he said "nope, just a hopeful customer, one can only dream!!"

I thought those boots were the coolest thing ever, but then both Mike and Jonny grabbed me and showed me this total hottie checking out the only Ferrari they had at the show.  It was near those Maserati things, but I forgot which cars were there, cuz this hottie was a knock out, her shoes say it all.  You can tell she was some other kind of VIP just by the shoes she was wearing.  All Ferrari owners must get those, I think they might help with that heel toe gas brake thing, but I am not sure...She was so important, she did not talk to us...she just looked at her new Ferrari and ignored all the common folk.

So, hanging around all the Ferrari peeps was too much for Mike and Jonny and I, so we busted a move to the Caddy section.  There we ran into this high roller, and he was dressed to kill.  Sheesh, I thought we would at least fit in there, and could talk to other people, but no, again, way too classy for us common Denver folk...This dude is way awesome, I think he shops at Neiman Marcus or sumpin like that...

So, we said enough of this crap, we decided to go check out the concepts, first we ran into one of those MTV "Pimp My Ride" cars, but X was no where to be found...just some lady who was keeping the bed warm for him.  She was watchin TV upside down though, that was strange

They have real tight security at these places...and they keep things real clean.  They don't let many people near such neet concept vehicles, as can be seen by the clean shot I got of this one, and the others that follow.  They have all these new technology things, and features I can't even describe.  The coolest thing is the fact that the doors don't open like normal...not even a hinge...they slide like they are floating.  I was shocked.  This first guy must have been someone special to be able to get that close to such a high tech car.  Gotta love the Denver Auto show

Then they had the subaru B9 Tribeca there, and since we were VIP Subaru guests, we decided to look at it, but it was behind ropes.  And the woman we talked to, we asked her about what was new for the 2006 Subaru cars....and she said "huh?".  So she must have been from Italy or sumpin, as she did not understand American.  But here are the shots of the Tribeca....the front is retro...like the Edsel...I think that is how it is spelled

Then we got a chance to go visit the cool stuff, those tricked out hummers rollin on 26" rims, that was cool, the coolest part was this one in perticular, it drew a "special" group of people.  Some were so touched, they were even holding hands....wow, I had no Idea a pimped out Hummer could be so touching to some people, they musta been dreaming of what their futures could hold...we can all have dream...right?

then we ran into the coolest advancement in ice racing....a new Indy car made to dominate up at Georgetown Ice Races next winter....Hotani, you better watch out, aint no way Quattro is gonna help you against this "sled".

and finally, my favorite part of the entire show.  A piece of art so amazing that it brought tears to our eyes....If it were not for those masterminds at Scion....we would not have custom features on our cars like this.  I wanted to order one for my car right then and there, but they said that they had not had enought coffee tonight, so come back tomorrow, and they may be able to put a new one together for me...but it would be Foldgers Red...I said that was fine...so I paid them $1000 and they let me take a picture so I had something to look at until I picked mine up.

thanks for looking and letting me share the Denver Auto show with you all, hope you can make it, they are in town until Sunday.  Better get out there now, cuz none of these cars can be seen until they start to sell them to the public.

cheers
jon :)

Noob_Shum

• Modded
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 04:55:35 AM »
hehehe  nice write up Jon  ;)  Sounds like you had a lot of fun  :P

Jonathan

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 04:55:35 AM »

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 05:48:20 AM »
I esp like the pink barbie hummer

Life's too short to be taken seriously

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 12:34:09 PM »
Haha! Jon you crack me up! Nice write up...I read the *serious* one first and was wondering where all the cool car chics were and then I saw this one and was satisfied that you covered all the bases :P

'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 12:41:47 PM »
Edsel?!   BAHAHAHAHAHAH
Classic.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 06:14:55 PM »
wow, looks like there were lots of headless people at the show.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »
Quote from: "aowhaus"
wow, looks like there were lots of headless people at the show.

haha, I dit that for their protection, as I did not get publicity consents from them to publish their photos,  :wink:

s4josh

• Modded
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 07:32:43 PM »
I was LMAO at your story!  It was very orginal and I like all the headless people! :D
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6sp man
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI-PD
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD
2001 Audi B5.5 S4 6sp man

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 11:28:39 AM »
Jon, you crack me up man.  I think you have a foot fetish.  We can probably get Wendy to help you with that.

And yes this picture will always come back to haunt (or please) you.  Hehe.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

cathi

• n00balicious
Ice Racing Indy Car
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »
I was curious about the Indy Ice Racing Car. As president of Our Gang Ice Racing Club at Georgetown, I was just curious to see who this belongs to.  
Cathi