Author Topic: Denver Auto Show Pics...on the Serious  (Read 1962 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Denver Auto Show Pics...on the Serious
« on: March 31, 2005, 12:05:16 PM »
so, to start, one of my all time favorite cars, I hope to have a kit car one day and build it up myself.  That would be fun.

OCC had to be represented, although this was not the original from the show, it was a duplicate that was given to Lincoln, as from what we hear, Pauly kept the original

Land Rover's newest...I like it

Maserati was in the Hizzy

and the wicked cool Lotus.  Much smaller in person than I would have thought.  I can only imagine what they are like on the track.

Never thought I would say this, but I like this chevy :?

Even Saturn made an interesting design entry.  Just don't tell anyone I said that.  Don't know anything about performance on this drop top, but it looks nice.

then on to Audi, they had a slew of the B7 platforms there, as to be expected.

Volvo had this pimped out and blown S40.  Looked cool at first, especially the side ram air intake on the edge of the hood/fender area, but with closer inspection, looks like they rushed the body work...the tinted tails were not good at all, and the mesh on the rear bumper was already falling off because it did not fit properly.  Oh well, it was interesting to see a street racer Volvo though

then a true concept, the four twelve.  I love the LED tail lights on this...don't care if others hate them, but up close, you can see their attention to details

Can't remember what this car was called, but I know Mike R. really liked it.  So here it is.

another favorite, the saleen.  Again, not for everyone, but I like them.  I think I prefer mine in silver though, hehe.  But if you GAVE me this orange one, I would keep it.

Bond was in the Hizzy as well....shaken, but not stirred.  As Handsom Rob said, there is not much a woman would not do once in the seat of one of those.....

Mitsubishi even had a new design out for the eclipse.  At first I though...Interesting...now, not so sure.  The lights were interesting though, the lens for the light looked kinda like a contact lens held out by a jewelers setting...about 3 inches from the light.  Like a projector lens without the housings on the side.  Have a pic of that, but it does nto show all that well due to all the chrome and reflections.

then the porsche cars...drool!!!!  Love the big brake on the turbo S

and the only Ford I would ever considering owning.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 12:24:56 PM »
Great pics Jon. Not sure if I'm going to go...that new Mitsu design looks like a 350z.
The Chevy is hot. It's okay Jon.
I love the Four Twelve. And is that the A3 sportback? I don't recognize it.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 12:24:56 PM »

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 12:27:55 PM »
That saturn roadster looks a lot like that Pontiac roadster at the show a year or two ago.  The one that never seemed to hit the market, I wonder if that is just a different version of it under the Saturn name?  Looks like it at least.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 12:29:29 PM »
both were there, the saturn and that pontiac, they are based on the same thing

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 12:36:50 PM »
Jon, thanks for putting that together.  That just saved me an afternoon and the price of admission.  The last couple I've been to weren't very good, and knowing the people working the booths there didn't know much more than the common enthusiast, I think I'll stay home this year.
BTW, that red car Mike likes is a Noble.  Hotness.  It was at Detailer's Paradise a week or two ago.  It's performance is comparable to a Carerra GT and Enzo.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 12:39:48 PM »
Pat, if I did not have free passes, I would have been a bit upset.  Yeah, nothing special really.  Betsy said you called, but we had already left, we could have gotten you in for free last night, we had one free VIP pass left.

sorry I missed your call.

That Nobel is HOT, I liked it, but know nothing about it.  Mike was drooling and went on and on about it.  I am so out of touch with the car world these days, hehe.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 12:41:37 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
...that new Mitsu design looks like a 350z.

that was my first thought too, at least someone else sees it.  I would take the Z over this car any day though.  I love the Z.  That might be an option for a project car in the future...

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005, 02:51:34 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
That saturn roadster looks a lot like that Pontiac roadster at the show a year or two ago.  The one that never seemed to hit the market, I wonder if that is just a different version of it under the Saturn name?  Looks like it at least.

Yup they are the same car.  The Pontiac Solstice will go into production aimed squarely at the newly redesigned Mazda MX5 (Madza is dropping the Miata nomenclature), with a base price of just under $20,000.
Production of the Saturn Sky is not 100% confirmed, but very close and will be just a little less in price than the Solstice.  Eventhough the Sky is not as curvacious as the Solstice, I like it even more than the Solstice -- it reminds me of a slightly larger Vauxhall VX220, which is an edgier twin of the Elise.  I hope they don't strip all of the details and nice finishes of this show car and put in the usual cheap marshmallowey plastic Saturn interior.

I spent last Saturday test driving the new Jetta in the gorgeous weather.  I had no intension of spending $10 to go to the convention center pushing my way through hundreds of other people looking at mostly production cars.

By the way did anyone take pics of the Votex equipped Jetta V?  I'm curious to see how it looks.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50