Author Topic: The long awaited VWOTG watercooled class listing....  (Read 3571 times)

scott

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
The long awaited VWOTG watercooled class listing....
« on: March 30, 2005, 08:09:08 PM »
Mk1
Mk2
Mk3
Mk4
New Bug
Passat

I have no response to that really, it is what it is, but just as a comparison here is the W/C listing for DATR this year:

MK1 RABBIT
Mk1 JETTA
MK2 GOLF
Mk2 JETTA
MK3 GOLF
Mk3 JETTA
MK4 GOLF
Mk4 JETTA
R32
TOUAREG
B5 & up PASSAT
NEW BEETLE
CORRADO
SCIROCCO
CABRIO Mk1-3.5
OTHER WATERCOOLED
(Quantum, Dasher, B3/4 Passat, Fox, Vans, PICKUP etc.)
Audi A4/S4
Audi A6/RS6
Audi TT
Audi - "C" Chassis
Other Audi (pre 98 )
Porsche watercooled
PEOPLE'S CHOICE
BEST WATERCOOLED

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 08:21:53 PM »
I assume allroads have to fight with the A6/RS6's this year?  Maybe I will be glad Jay and Jon sold their rides!
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 08:21:53 PM »

scott

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 08:33:42 PM »
Quote from: "gragravar"
I assume allroads have to fight with the A6/RS6's this year?  Maybe I will be glad Jay and Jon sold their rides!

Wow, yeah I never even considered thje Allroad in the classing structure! Now tht you bring it up yes they would have to fall in with the A6 class. Perhaps if we get enough of them this year we can add a class next year.

Sorry...  :cry:

scott

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 08:36:38 PM »
We pretty much based this system on what showed up last year and what we saw at that first D&B GTG. I know there will be other cars from out of state this year, but that was probably a fair representation of what is out there, so that is what we based it on. If we get a huge Audi turnout this year we will certainly break them out into more classes, but you have to look at it from the business side of things too... these trophies are not cheap and as fast as this show is growing we still have a VERY tight budget and have to be careful where we spend the loot!

By the way, did I tell you guys Audiworld was coming and setting up a booth too?

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 08:37:22 PM »
I want you to split B5 from B5.5's. All the other VW's get split.  :wink: Just playin' I like DATR.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 10:03:53 PM »
Scott, that is why DATR is and always has ruled.  I can't wait for it this year.

My car hasn't really changed, but it is just fun to be around so many other like minded people.

The classes reflect a true appreciation for the different models and how they can each be a great example of the VW and Audi lineups.

You have my gratitude.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

scott

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 12:20:39 AM »
Thanks for that Winston, we plan to adjust and tweak this system each and every year, but it is good to hear that you guys actually notice and appreciate the changes.

Hell we discussed having a Mk5 class this year for almost a week! We also considered doing an UrS-4 class outside of the other C chassis cars, but again we generally like to see them before we add them!

Eric

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.setuning.com
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 04:29:58 AM »
DATR>VWOTG......kinda a shame about VWOTG. whats with them anyway?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 05:36:04 AM »
Quote from: "gragravar"

haha, I bet you are.

I miss our allroad days though, but still lovin the new ride.

none of my cars belong at these events anymore :(, but at least I can still sit back and admire the VAG cars that my friends have.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 05:38:06 AM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
I want you to split B5 from B5.5's. All the other VW's get split.  :wink: Just playin' I like DATR.

Don't forget the A4/S4's are B5, B6 and now B7's are on the roads...so maybe consider seperating them, as they are generational differences as well as the MK's

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 12:35:29 PM »
Quote from: "Eric"
DATR>VWOTG......kinda a shame about VWOTG. whats with them anyway?

You don't want to go there. Jay might have a folder offline of all the deleted threads :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2005, 03:28:27 PM »
Well according to the official thread, no Passat class.  Also according to the official thread there are 20 judged classes of which 5 are WC.

Damn.

Oh, and fore reference here is the "official" thread:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1913420

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2005, 04:00:29 PM »
I would something really derogatory, but I got banned. I'm sure the reason they don't have a Passat class is personal. :wink:

VWOTG sucks ball sack.

eh. changed my mind.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2005, 05:49:29 PM »
Yeah, I paid for the trophy put of my pocket.  Then on top of that Lance and his receptionist Baker decided to start a personal vendetta against everyone in the club.  In fact I have all of their PMs, if anyone ever thinks their life sucks or has a bad day let me know and I can arrange a showing.

It's a good thing there is no Passat class, then there would be a reason for some people to go and get ripped on the trophy again.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2005, 12:05:13 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Yeah, I paid for the trophy put of my pocket.  Then on top of that Lance and his receptionist Baker decided to start a personal vendetta against everyone in the club.  In fact I have all of their PMs, if anyone ever thinks their life sucks or has a bad day let me know and I can arrange a showing.

It's a good thing there is no Passat class, then there would be a reason for some people to go and get ripped on the trophy again.

You can post 'em on VWSpeed :twisted:  :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2005, 12:25:54 PM »
They aren't for public printing as there is enough bs out there already.  However if anyone wants to visit I will gladly display them behind glass, no flash photography please.

scott

• Lightly Modded
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2005, 12:26:33 PM »
oh man... post that shit somewhere!

I could make a "why we hate these 2 people" room on 719 and hide it from the general public!

EDIT: I am kidding of course... no point in perpetuating this stupid crap any longer...

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2005, 12:47:31 PM »
ha, I'm sure they are already copy and pasting the forum breaking our copyright policy as I type.

I am NOT going to post them in any environment where there is the possibility of people duplicating or redistributing them. Tehy are fun to look and laugh at, but other than that I would rather let the sleeping dogs lie.