Author Topic: Yelling...or screaming at the office today...  (Read 2109 times)

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Yelling...or screaming at the office today...
« on: April 07, 2005, 05:53:13 PM »
I was taking my dishes down to the other side of the building to this sink to get them washed after lunch and about halfway down (at least 50yds to go still) I hear muffled yelling.

I get down there and can hear plainly two guys yelling, one on the verge of screaming at each other behind a closed office door. This part of the building houses the "execs" business managers and such. Since when is it EVER necessary to yell at anyone at work. That's just plain immature.

Anyway, this guy was just going on and the other guy would try and interject something but wouldn't get very far. I wonder if he thought the office was soundproof? It looked like a prairie dog town there...everyone popping their heads above the walls of their cubicles for  a second or so to look around and then return back to their work pretending like they're not straining to hear every word.

That guy will forever be branded as "a yeller" I feel bad for his wife if he's married. I left construction and food service to get a way from that crap. Oh well. He wouldn't know what to do if he walked into my lab and that's fine by me.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 06:22:25 PM »
Ya thats not cool. I end up yelling over the noise of the forks all day anyways. Its kinda soothing for the first 5 min or so... :lol:
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 06:22:25 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 07:10:32 PM »
I don't know.  it is good for executives to be passionate about their work, and on occaision when 2 passionate people have differing viewpionts, yelling can result.  It doesn't have to, and I find it is usually best avoided, but sometimes it does happen.

As long as the discussion stays constructive and doesn't become personal, to me volume level doesn't really matter, especially behind a closed door.

In my mind it is all about what becomes of the situation after the yelling.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 07:51:57 PM »
I yell at work all the time!  It is a good way to communicate. :lol:  :lol:
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 08:05:14 PM »
Quote from: "kraut-sled"
I yell at work all the time!  It is a good way to communicate. :lol:  :lol:

...I hear alcohol distorts your hearing...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 08:10:35 PM »
huh?

:P
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 08:52:15 PM »
"jayryan"...I hear alcohol distorts your hearing...

8O I know it makes me 10 feet tall, bullet proof, and irresistible to women, but I did not know it has effecting my hearing!

Oh well you pay to play :twisted:
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 10:07:18 PM »
I yell all the time at work...things like....

EPI-----STAT

CALL THE CODE!!!

THORACOTOMY TRAY!!!!  (well, I have never actually yelled that one, but always hear them yell it on ER, so one day, I hope to be just like TV and yell that out to someone)

:wink:  :lol:

kutarkvalidus

• Stock
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 10:41:46 PM »
Yeah, i think people expect too much out of the execs at places.  I saw the guy who is the manager of the manager of my manager, running around shooting nerf darts at one of the floor managers.  It makes me happy to see them acting like normal humans instead of corporate drones like everyone expects them to be.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 11:56:12 AM »
Jon, just don't let a helicopter fall on you. That'd suck.

Nerf darts. I have a magnetic dart board here. Stand at the other end of my cubicle row and you're good. I can tell people have been using it over the weekend though...I have magnet sized holes and divots in the wall all around the dartboard. I hope facilities doesn't see it :roll:  :P
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 01:25:51 PM »
Quote from: "kutarkvalidus"
Yeah, i think people expect too much out of the execs at places.  I saw the guy who is the manager of the manager of my manager, running around shooting nerf darts at one of the floor managers.  It makes me happy to see them acting like normal humans instead of corporate drones like everyone expects them to be.

Dude that sounds AWESOME!!  You should bring in a paintball gun, gear and start tearing it up.  Then when they tackle you and look at you all funny be like... What!?!?!   :roll:
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

scott

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 02:06:27 PM »
I am in the Army... we yell at people all the damn time!  :lol:

I see nothing wrong with a shouting match every now and then, there have been several occasions where I was dealing with someone who just absolutely refused to hear me, so I made it easier for them!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 04:52:34 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
Jon, just don't let a helicopter fall on you. That'd suck.

funny you should say that, they land right above the unit where I work, they shake the floor and you can smell the exhaust....most poeple hate it, I kinda like it :roll:  I was thinking of one day switching to flight for life, so hopefully a helicopter will never fall on me.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 05:01:26 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
they shake the floor and you can smell the exhaust....most poeple hate it, I kinda like it :roll:  

You would...car freak. :wink: It's funny, I have ALWAYS wanted to fly helicopters...ever since I can remember. It may be something I take up when I retire or become rich...whichever comes first. I almost joined the Army to be a chopper pilot.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 05:18:24 PM »
I got to go for a helicopter ride in Austria one summer.  Too bad it was a flight from the bottom of a ski jump to the hospital.  I was so high on Morphine I did not get to enjoy it.  Being strapped down to a stretcher only able to look up, left a lot to be desired.
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2005, 06:25:31 PM »
as a student, I have done a couple life flights.  One from Steamboat to Denver, that was cool, and the other local, picked up a kiddo from Centenial and air lifted him to Children's.  Those are the only 2 times I have been in a helicopter.  They are way cool.