Author Topic: Literally a fender bender  (Read 2620 times)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Literally a fender bender
« on: July 23, 2003, 11:55:31 PM »
A lady in a Jeep Grand Cherokee backed into me in our parking garage at work.  She did wait until I left work and told me what happened.  Of course the Jeep only got paint rub marks on her left side back bumper.

I suppose that for my first accident, it could have been alot worse.  I felt bad for the lady, she thought the car was brand new and that I was going to kill her.  It was a compliment that a three year old car still "looks" new.  Anyway, insurance company has been called and I will go from there.  I figure that I will take it to McDonald's to get it repaired when everything with the insurance company is brought to that point.  I am guessing due to the location of the dent that the whole fender will have to be replaced.  I don't think it can be pulled out and I absolutly want to try to avoid that!.  I do not think they could get the curves of that point back to origional look.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 12:49:55 AM »
Wow Dave!

Well (knock on wood) at least she didn't get the lights, then you would have been really pissed.  Well I guess if she damages the wheels too!

Anyway, sounds like she was very honest and insurance will take care of it.  I agree that panel will be replaces and they will need to paint match to make up for that 3 year old paint.

I also hope it is a speedy repair, good luck and keep us posted!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 12:49:55 AM »

Wyaka

• Lightly Modded
Custom by CRUNCH!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 01:16:06 AM »
That really sucks, had the same thing happen to me with the exception of the person hanging around to be courteous, just boogied. Kinda sucked, I replaced the front end, left the hood with a small wrinkle in it, and bought a cold air intake, a new exhaust, and new 17" wheels and tires all around instead. Shoulda replaced the hood, but I'm really happy with the mods. I really do feel for you, I about had a siezure when I first saw it. Keep cool and show pics when it's done.
Look officer, I really do own it......

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 02:01:17 AM »
:cry:

WendyDarling

• n00balicious
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 02:11:58 PM »
oh Dave, I'm sorry...:( :( :(

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 09:10:44 PM »
thats sucks but i impathize and sympathize with ya !
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2003, 02:19:00 PM »
Fender update:  The other parties insurance came to my work and looked at the damage and estimated the damage just over $1400.00.  Obviously, that amount could change after they remove the fender, which they will adjust for.  I was glad to hear that the whole fender will be replaced.  Now I just need to find a place that does really good paint jobs, and warranties for life.  I will get the car in after 8\13\03 for repairs.  Car rental will be taken care of by their insurance.  So far everything has been really cool and  everyone has bent over backwards to make sure that I am not being impositioned.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2003, 01:59:25 AM »
Doh!  Dave, I can't believe I didn't see this earlier!  That is a real bummer, man.

I had a similar thing happen to me, except Jen was driving my car (when I lived up in FC) and loaned it to someone for a "Quick errand."

That was fine except she didn't know how to drive a stick and jumped it into the lowered tailgate of a pickup when parking.  Did similar damage, and I ended up starting my modding with clear corners.  Call it a pain fee.

I had to go back to the repair shop three times over 4 months to get the paint match correctly, so eyeball it really well in several lights when you get it back to verify it was matched well...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2003, 10:02:47 AM »
Winston, I would have never known.  I guess they finally got it right, your care looks really good.  It makes me nervous that it took that many times for them to get it right on the black.  Setting aside some fading.  I am thinking my color might be hard to match up.  We will see, hence my looking for a lifetime warranty.

Rascal

• Stock
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 03:53:52 PM »
I'm glad it's going well.  I did a claim with State Farm, and they also made sure I was happy with car rental and all.  I suppose, this is a way for some insurance compnay's to gain exposure to potential new customers.  My rear bumper cover went without a hitch.  I mean, no problems.  :)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 05:05:05 PM »
Nice one, Pun Master-A
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.