Author Topic: Tuning Shops  (Read 3548 times)

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Tuning Shops
« on: July 29, 2003, 01:18:47 PM »
Does anyone know of a shop here in the Denver area that does tuning for German cars.  I have been working with a couple of frineds, tuning our own cars, but we do not know of any tuning shops.

Any leads would be great.  Especially a shop that can do body work and body kit installs.

Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Tuning Shops
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 03:02:24 PM »
there are several shops around that will do performance modifications.  What specifically do you want done?  Maybe we can give you your best options, or at least head you down the right path.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Tuning Shops
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 03:02:24 PM »

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Tuning Shops
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2003, 06:41:26 PM »
I know a few.  Some are marque-specific.  Details of what you're looking for?
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Tuning Shops
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 06:56:32 PM »
I am looking to finish the bodykit on my 2003 passat, but I do not trust just any shop to do the painting.  I am also undecided if I just want to paint the black molding or have side skirts and defuser installed and painted. :?
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Tuning Shops
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2003, 07:04:31 PM »
Is your body kit Votex...OEM VW...or aftermarket.  If the OEM kit, get it done by a dealer, they will warranty the OEM products.  Not sure of other body shops that are known for good painting.  But I do know this, get the flixable types of paint for the plastic parts...otherwise they will flake off much easier.

DenverPat

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.stonefieldinvestments.com
Tuning Shops
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2003, 07:06:04 PM »
I didn't realize you meant body work.  I was thinking about performance tuning.   I've heard of a good shop near Park Meadows, but don't have any experience with them.  ColoradoB5 might have some info for you, but I'm not really sure.  Sorry I couldn't be of much help.  When it comes to body work I just don't have any experience.
You might also get some good responses by posting something on the Rocky Mountain forum of AudiWorld.
"Of all the extreme sports I've ever participated in- windsurfing, kite boarding, wake boarding, tow-in surfing and snowboarding- skiing, for me, made everything else easy."
-Chuck Patterson

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
Tuning Shops
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2003, 07:09:07 PM »
the front is Votex, so I will mostlikely go with the same on the res tof the car.  McDonald AG did the front, prior to delivery of the car, and I was happy with the work, just thought there might be a cheeper shop.

Thanks for the help. :P
Autobahn Premier Service
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Tuning Shops
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2003, 07:57:38 PM »
I agree on the McDonald pricing.  They charged me $70 for painting some door molding.

I'm looking to get my front Votex spoiler painted too, so I'll do some investigating for you and let you know what I find.

more to come...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Tuning Shops
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2003, 02:59:59 PM »
I forgot to mention Max, the guy that did the body work on this car:

His number is 303-781-7411
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.