Author Topic: Neuspeed p-chip?  (Read 1220 times)

TurboDub

• Modded
Neuspeed p-chip?
« on: April 23, 2005, 11:38:21 PM »
Okay, so i was on Vortex today and found a post regarding a sale on Neuspeed's P-chip. I know APR/GIAC are highly regarded, and high quality, but $185 bucks is hard to pass up...

Here's the link...

http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/NS64.10.46

Thanks...and please hurry...

Must...Not....Impulse buy....Must RESIST.... 8O
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
Neuspeed p-chip?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 05:07:21 AM »
Sounds like a great deal.  I own REVO software and am completely content with its performance.  Things to consider, future upgrades?  Dont know if Neuspeed does the same offers the other chip companies do.  Meaning cheap upgrades for turbos etc...
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Neuspeed p-chip?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 05:07:21 AM »

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Neuspeed p-chip?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 05:19:45 AM »
I did alot of research when I was shopping for chips and upgrades. Rusty turned me on to what I needed, but that's another post.
I talked with lots of Neuspeed owners and all were very happy with the product and had no complaints. If they did get rid of the chip it was because they wanted more power.
Neuspeed is one of the "lighter" chip tuners out there. APR/GIAC really push the car in terms of programming. Neuspeed does slight more conservative programming. I would expect losses to be 5-10hp only in comparison with GIAC/APR.
Yes, do keep in mind future upgrades. I don't know what they offer as far as discounts and alternative programming if you do decide to upgrade.

FYI: upgrademotoring.com has EXTREMELY cheap prices on Neuspeed chips. Lower than the buy. They take the chips directly to Neuspeed for programming. Try like $160 :P At least last fall for my car they were.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

BHase

• Modded
Neuspeed p-chip?
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 01:03:38 PM »
I've had great experiences with the 1.0 bar Neuspeed P-Chip in a 1999 A4 1.8T quattro I used to work on, alongside the A4 2.8 I still own currently.  That car started off with the 186 HP 0.8 bar MTM chip, and the Neuspeed chip definitely and noticeably performed better. So when Neuspeed claims 200 HP, much like GIAC and APR do for their 1.0 bar chips, I believe it.

There is a lot of talk about soft programming, but having driven both GIAC and APR chipped 1.8Ts since, I can't say that I noticed a difference. But then, I think that the intakes on the 1.8T feel differently too. I think a lot of it is psychological, but I would definitely spend $180 (also note http://www.greedspeed.com for cheaper Neuspeed chips) before I spent $300 for the GIAC or APR chip.

And on a side note, if anybody is ambitious enough to have it soldered in for them, and wants a good price on a 0.8 bar MTM chip, send me an e-mail. It has been sitting in a safe place for quite awhile now, and I don't have any foreseeable use for it.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

tweakeDub

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
Neuspeed p-chip?
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 03:15:38 PM »
IMO the neuspeed chip is not worth it. I've known plenty of people in your boat that have trouble passing up that cheap chip idea. BUt unfortunatly it isnt the highest performing chip out there. If you just want a little power than run Neuspeed. For like 40-50 hp increase look at REVO, APR or GIAC. If you want really radical performance go Dahlback.