Poll

Are you going to drive on the track

Heck yeah!
5 (83.3%)
No can do man.
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: July 30, 2003, 02:40:58 PM

Author Topic: Track Day: September 8th - The RMCB5 Annual GTG  (Read 4489 times)

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Track Day: September 8th - The RMCB5 Annual GTG
« on: July 30, 2003, 07:40:58 PM »
Okay folks here is the scoop.  Pat found out that SCR is closed on Mondays unless you want to rent the track for the whole day for $2000.

That being said, we need this day, so let's see if we can drum up interest from other clubs to share this day with us.

I plan on posting to VWVortex and also checking with DCI (Dubsquad Conglomerate International) and DZ (DubZentrum) as well, but I need input from everyone to try and pull in some other groups.  

Remember, if we get 20 drivers, it's $100 a piece, so I have a goal of 30-40 to make this worthwhile for everyone.

Email me at winprice@earthlink.net if you are a definite for this day and we can keep track (no pun intended) of who is in for sure.  I already have this day off of work, so I would hate to lose out on this opportunity.

Here is the SCR website:
http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/SecondCreek.html

So far I have posted to VWVortex:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zeropost?cmd=newtopic&id=89

Peace!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 08:16:43 PM »
I would say not only see if we can split it, but split up the day, we take it for morning guarnateed and maybe turn it over to another group in the afternoon?

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2003, 08:16:43 PM »

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 01:01:26 AM »
I voted YES for myself and my brother. We are YES if the price is close to $50 per person. $100 per person is too pricey for me. I'd rather go on a Coloraudi Wednesday.

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2003, 04:33:43 PM »
$100 is about the most I'd be willing to pay.  $50 would be a much better price if we can get that many people.  Count me in on this though.  Any chance we can get some experienced drivers to provide driving tips to us track newbies?

By the way, the date for this is Sept 8th.  Winston forgot to mention that in his post.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2003, 04:38:33 PM »
Thanks Alan.  I thought everyone knew we were going to try and do this on a Monday...

I've edited the thead title to indicate this.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 04:48:01 PM »
I don't have work yet so I can't guarantee anything... :?
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 07:03:59 PM »
My work schedule just came out...the ONLY day I can attend the National GTG is on Monday the 8th.....so Heck Yeah...I will be there for Track day, count me IN!!!!!!!!!!

I will be driving the Mini of course, slow in speed, but wicked fast around the corners...just don't make fun of me as you spank me with your turbos :P

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 07:18:56 PM »
Jon, get on down with your bad self.  You know your Coop will spank us.  We saw it happen at the track last time...Do you have pics yet?  Where are they?

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 07:58:45 PM »
Wait a minute, I know I was out of town last week, but when did Jon get a mini?  Those things are too cool!  Can you put the mini on the roof rack of the Allroad?  :wink:
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 08:38:08 PM »
Alan, got it on Monday, LOVING IT!!!!  Dub, the Coop that spanked us was an S, has a little more get-up-and-go than mine does at speed, but that will change by next summer...I got me some plans :twisted:

Spec

• n00balicious
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2003, 04:05:52 AM »
I'd like to help out for driver coaching... if my work schedule permits...

I know Second Creek like the back of my hand and would be happy to help anyone who needs some track driving tips.

Dave

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2003, 05:28:55 AM »
Yeah...SPEC lives!!!!!  Dave, so good to see you are around.  We would love you to be a driving coach for SCR.  I certainly hope your schedule allows you to join us, we all miss you!!!

Hope to see you soon!!

jon

Spec

• n00balicious
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2003, 03:54:39 AM »

yea... I'm basically your Colorado roadcourse racetrack hoe... giving rides and getting rides... it's all good...

Last year Rian let me drive his S4...

I've been spoiled/corrupted/mentally mangled...  that car is ALL THAT

Rian... where are you?  I'm still lusting after you... or was it your car?

Headliner mod S4 is a given...

Dave

Rian_Colorado

• Stock
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2003, 01:30:05 PM »
Hey now, if anyone gets to mod my headliner, it's ME! Of course the first few days I drove the car, it gave me that "head liner mod feeling" It's just too bad I've not had the right frame of mind to mod this car much as of yet, or it would be even MORE fun!

I'm probably not going to be able to make the track day unless something different happens with my current state of employment. Just can't take a Monday off.  I'm going to try to make the saturday or sunday drive though, which ever works better / has a better drive.

I whole haredly suggest Dave as "the law" at the track. listen and learn, it'll take several whole seconds off a lap time, not to mention make the experience that much more fun. Did wonders for me with less than a half days worth of instruction.

Dave, we'll work something out for a little more seat time :)

Rian
55 MPH, slow enough to make you THINK you're safe, fast enough to kill you"

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2003, 02:22:14 PM »
hey guys, we are looking a little short on drivers.  Pat needs to get the money by tomorrow unless you have made other arrangements.  If we don't get enough, we may have to look into another track; maybe the one in Pueblo.

If you know of anyone that wants to drive around the track on a Monday, push them to sign up and get the money in or we may have to make some other arrangements.

Even if you are not sure if you want to drive around the track, drop me an email and I'll be glad to chat more about what to expect, whether it will be a problem with your car, etc...