Author Topic: Cool materials, special coatings and films.  (Read 1273 times)

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Cool materials, special coatings and films.
« on: April 28, 2005, 04:31:12 PM »
I often get brochures and samples in my office on the latest materials and products.  This company sells special paints, films and fabric which could look like leather, wood, metal and even chrome.  It could be applied to almost anything.

Check it out, there's some cool possibilities to use it on our cars:
http://www.alsacorp.com/
Imagine chrome fabric seats --- maybe not.
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 05:03:53 PM »
I'm completely hooked on this chrome widebody stuff.  I'm sure everyone here or almost everyone here has seen the chrome widebody M3. Now, a lot people probably think that is too flashy or maybe even a little cheesy...and I agree.

But just like an Escalade rollin' on twenty-fo inch chrome, it is also pretty cool.  It (chrome widebodies) always remind me of the A8 ASF (aluminum space frame) concept sitting at the Audi Museum in Ingolstadt. And then, there's somebody out there who's actually done a chrome exterior on an A8. It's just so cool and I can't explain why!

Ben

P.S. Sorry, I didn't mean to jack your thread, but you mentioned chrome + cars and I decided I'd put in my two cents. Now chrome interior? Not sure about that, but I'm open.
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 05:03:53 PM »

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 07:58:21 PM »
That's actually an A8 that has all of the aluminum panels polished -- much more expensive and labor intensive than chrome plating.
MTM did it for some oil shiek in the middle east (can't imagine being near that thing with their blazing hot and sunny weather).
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

coveredbytheblood

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 12:56:51 PM »
Thanks for the info alan.  Ideas brewing...
Coveredbytheblood, JC's blood