Author Topic: CD Changer issues  (Read 1712 times)

Rascal

• Stock
CD Changer issues
« on: August 05, 2003, 03:57:52 PM »
Anyone ever have problems with the VW 6-disc CD changer?  All of a sudden the CD player gives errors during play, or switching discs.  It used to happen once in a blue moon, but now it won't work for days at a time.  My daughter is very disappointed.

I don't see anything obvious.  Would it just be dust?  Find come compressed air maybe and blow any dust out?

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
CD Changer issues
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 04:03:05 PM »
That is really strange.  I never had any problems with my changers...they simply worked...and I even had a used one in the Passat that I got From Tim at Liberty VW.  Maybe it is just dust or the laser needs to be cleaned.  Try one of those cleaning discs as well.

Hope it works out, let us know.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

CD Changer issues
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 04:03:05 PM »

Rascal

• Stock
CD Changer issues
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 04:08:31 PM »
Hmmm, I've never tried any of those cleaning discs.  I've had my home CD changer for 12 years, and never cleaned it.  But the car changer might be more suseptable.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
CD Changer issues
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 04:37:49 PM »
I've never tried them either.  But in the back of a well used variant...I am sure dust can build up easily...and there are no real good seals around the changer or on the changer sliding door...

might be worth a shot though, and fairly inexpensive if that does not seem to solve the problem.

shummer

• Modded
CD Changer issues
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 12:37:36 AM »
No problems w/ my 3-year old cd changer. Previously, w/ single disc head units, I never had any luck w/ the cd cleaners and even getting the laser realigned (>$100). Sorry to say, I think it's pretty much time for a new one.