Author Topic: Annoying Fraternal Order of Police  (Read 2299 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Annoying Fraternal Order of Police
« on: August 05, 2003, 07:50:31 PM »
OK, I am on the Colorado No Call list, been there since it first started, but I still get calls from one organization.  The Fraternal Order of Police.  Don't get me wrong, I think Police have a difficult job, I respect them, and despite the fact that they give me tickets for driving fast...I think they do a great job.  But the phone calls about once a month...sheesh, give a guy a break.  You would think since they are an organization of Police, they would follow the law...which is not to call people on the "No Call List".  I also have repeatedly asked them to remove my name and number from their call list...but they seem to be a little thick headed.

Nothing big, just a little frustrated, and now that I spoke my peace, I feel much better...time to go out and look at my cars and smile :P

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 07:54:25 PM »
I'm with you brother.  I hate it when they call.  Unfortunately, they are still following the law, since they, along with a few other groups, are exempt:

http://www.coloradonocall.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=exempt
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2003, 07:54:25 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 08:08:38 PM »
dang exemptions :x

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 08:42:24 PM »
I REFUSE to give money to that organization for a couple of reasons.
1. it is not a tax deductable contribution.
2. the money goes in a fund for the spouse of police officers, in case the officer gets sick/hurt (not nesc. while on duty either) and runs out of sick days so they do not loose their pay (which BTW is salaried to them...this does not make sense IMO)
3. if an officer should die, the fund becomes an additional "free life insurance policy" on said deceased officer on top of the exceptional life insurance policy they already have that they pay miniscule amounts monthly for.

the money is not used to assit in any way the police departments at all... so what is the point.
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 08:48:20 PM »
I have had both the police and the fire dept groups call.  I support them just as anybody alse would, but I do not appreciate them calling at home during dinner.

I do have to day though that the calls have really decreased.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Rascal

• Stock
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 04:38:31 PM »
That no call list is a beauty.  It was a night and day difference in our household.  We've only had a few police charity calls and a few notics that VA or other organization will be in the neighborhood for goods donations since it went into affect.

I have my own charities I support, and I don't like being in a position where I have to say no, which I'm sure benefits the charities calling.