Author Topic: Quick '01 GLX 4Motion exhaust question....  (Read 1950 times)

QuietStorm

• Stock
Quick '01 GLX 4Motion exhaust question....
« on: May 17, 2005, 10:11:46 PM »
With the dual exhaust is there going to be any real advantage to getting an aftermarket exhaust?  If so, what brands will give me the most for the least?  Also, quick question about headlights.  The stock lighting is kinda blah.  Are there brands I can plug in to get a worth while upgrade that won't burn too hot, or cause any damages?  Thanks in advance!  Are there any quick mods that can be done with general ease initially for some added umphhhh?  Again....thanks!

tweakeDub

• Lightly Modded
    • http://
Re: Quick '01 GLX 4Motion exhaust question....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 04:46:53 AM »
Engines are giant Air compressors the more you can get in and out of it the more efficient it will run. therefore addind power to. and yes the stock exhaust is very resrictive

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Re: Quick '01 GLX 4Motion exhaust question....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 04:46:53 AM »

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
exhaust
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 11:39:26 PM »
Well the exhaust is noticble. I just had my Milltek installed and i can defintly feel the power band being smoother than before. i can't say that i have more power, but the power that is there is delivered smoother. Not peaky and no spikes. Just nice and smooth.  It is worth the $$

QuietStorm

• Stock
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 12:38:52 AM »
I haven't been able to find any brands for the GLX.  I guess it's because of the dual exhaust, or becuase I am unsure of all of the brands available.

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 01:57:13 AM »
Quote from: "QuietStorm"
I haven't been able to find any brands for the GLX.  I guess it's because of the dual exhaust, or becuase I am unsure of all of the brands available.

You never specified whather you ahd a passat, jetta or what and since almost all the VW's came in  glx model i am still unsure of what model you have. Maybe you even have 4-motion, i don;t know..

The easiest thing to do would be to just have a custom exhaust made. Use a good shop down there and have them make one from scratch.  You can always check out:

-Milltek (there are a few of us here running these)
-Borla
-Magnaflow
-Techtonics Tuning (they make exhaust for almost any VW out there)
-Remus
-Oettinger
-Abt

These are just to name a few. Or you could just go custom

QuietStorm

• Stock
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 02:55:52 PM »
Sorry for the confusion.  It's a Passat.  I'll check out some of those brands.  THANKS!  If I go custom...Is the O2 sensor before or after the Catalytic converters?

s4josh

• Modded
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 05:48:52 PM »
Both I think.  One before and after.
Josh Ver 2.0

2011 VW Jetta 2.5 SE DSG
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6sp man
2006 VW MkV GTI DSG w/LC
2005 VW Passat Wagon TDI-PD
2003 VW Jetta TDI-PD
2001 Audi B5.5 S4 6sp man