Author Topic: Garage Day ???  (Read 5744 times)

madigan

• Modded
Garage Day ???
« on: August 06, 2003, 04:45:44 PM »
Hi all,

Does anyone have any interest in having a Garage Day? I was thinking maybe a “shock and springs install / roll your fenders” day.  :?

I'd like to call on my fellow RMCB5'ers to ask who might be willing to host since my garage is only big enough for my car and I have no tools.  :(  :oops:

I'm willing to provide beer, pizza, candy, doggie biscuts, kitty treats and well...if it comes down to it...money. :wink:

Thanks. I appreciate your input.

madigan
mad wagon

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Garage Day ???
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 05:06:35 PM »
Though I do not have the tools myself, I would be willing to lend a hand.  Also I need to check my rear suspention to make sure my bolts a tight enough.  I am questioning my right rear.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Garage Day ???
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 05:06:35 PM »

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Garage Day ???
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 07:45:37 PM »
I am always up for a bit of wrenching, did some last night.  New breaks and MAS in the old Passat (old as in my ex-wife's 2000 1.8T) :?:   My 2003 is fine.  Anyway...

I would offer my garage, but it is full of the old parts I have taken off my "Kraut-sled" and it will only hold one car.  I have some tools and know just enought to get myself in trouble, but count me in.

I am glad to help plan, promote, and enjoy the effort. :!:
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day ???
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 01:23:12 PM »
Mark, pick a date and see what works for everyone.  I have spring compressors and tools, you are welcome to use them if you need.  I also know Winston is the suspension master, he also has all the tools.  So, set a date, preferable not the weekend of the national GTG...and those that are free will be there.  We can make a huge BBQ out of it as well.  Good times, good cars, good food, and great people 8)

madigan

• Modded
Garage Day ???
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2003, 02:49:23 PM »
I'd like to have a Gargae day as soon as possible - like, maybe this weekend - the 16th or 17th??? If anyone is available. Well, probably not the 17th because a few of us are riding the Moonlight Classic and may want to sleep in, but ... I won't be around the 23rd or 24th, so if this weekend isn't too good than maybe the 30th or 31st. Let me your thoughts. Winston are you willing and available or Jay...anyone, anyone...Buller...Buller

Thanks.
mad wagon

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day ???
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2003, 03:13:18 PM »
I actually have to work all day on the 16th...and work at night on the 17th...and as you know I am having the BBQ and doing the moonlight classic.  I am available to help on the 23 and the 30th...so those are the only days I can assist before the national GTG.

Let us know.

jon

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
Garage Day ???
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2003, 04:49:48 PM »
I am available on the 16th or 30th.  It sounds like the 30th would be the best for most.  Let me know what I can bring to help.

My knowledge lies in Brakes, air intakes, and general enigine wrenching.  I have tools to do brake work, oil changes, and mods to air intakes.

I look forward to meeting some of you soon.
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Garage Day ???
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2003, 06:33:41 PM »
Just a heads up for you all, I'm gonna try to have a garage day on the 23rd to replace my timing belt.  I know you'll be out of town Madigan, and sorry to do it on that weekend, but it's the only day that works for me.   Besides, I don't really have room for any more than one car to be worked on at a time.  

Here's the thread with details:

http://www.rmcb5.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=293
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day ???
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2003, 04:05:20 PM »
I won't have any weekend time for a suspension install until a few weeks after the RMCB5 GTG in early September.  Sorry Mark, but my dance card is full.  I have a ton of yardwork to catch up on to prepare for the GTG BBQ on Sunday the 7th...

I can offer my garage if someone wants to take "lead wrench" responsibilities.  I can offer advice as I chip wood and chainsaw trees!  The only tool I do not have is spring compressors.
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

madigan

• Modded
Garage Day ???
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2003, 06:17:10 PM »
I hear you Winston - it's a busy time of year for us all. Thanks for offering your garage though; I will definitely keep you posted.

Thanks.

Mark
mad wagon

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day ???
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2003, 09:16:06 PM »
I got spring compressors, anyone is welcome to them.  I just don't have the skills or knowledge to do a suspension on my own.  Not a good teacher.

let me know if you need the compressors and we can work out a way for you to get them.

madigan

• Modded
Garage Day ???
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2003, 11:09:59 PM »
let me know if you need the compressors and we can work out a way for you to get them.

Thanks very much. I'll keep you posted.

Mark
mad wagon

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day ???
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2003, 12:29:44 PM »
Mark, your call will be the pimp-daddy wagon when we get through with it!  Those 19's are sweet!

Hey, where did you get the wheels repaired?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Garage Day ???
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2003, 03:52:39 PM »
I'm back and down with a Garage Day...I've got to mod my intake.. I think do the COAM on it
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Garage Day ???
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2003, 06:36:48 PM »
Ok kids, here's the deal, Sunday afternoon, my house.....meaning 12:30 and on on Sunday August 17.

If you need my number and address send me a PM and I will give you that info.  Madigan is picking up some air tools from ColoradoB5 and strut compressors so we wan do his sprinks and front dampers.

Anyone is welcome to come by, especially if you can help a little.  I am limited to what I can do physically on this so it would be great to get some help.  Otherwise just come by and hang out or work on any mods you'd like.

I have a bunch of tools, dremel, air compressor and hopefully some cold beer.  I have an oversized 2 car garage, but with doing springs it is pretty much a one car.

Let me know if you're coming.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day ???
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2003, 10:36:25 PM »
Can't make it, but I see that you got tools from Dub, did Mark find compressors, or do you all need the ones I have?  Let me know and we can work out something so you have them.

later
jon

madigan

• Modded
Garage Day ???
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2003, 01:57:52 PM »
Hey Jon,

Originally I was just going to pick up the strut compressors at Checker, but Winston brought up a good point. Sometimes they are beat up and the threads are no good so they can lock up. I will be attending your barbeque, as well as Lisa, Saturday night before the Moonlight Classic so I can pick them up from you then. Thanks for making these available to me. Have you gotten a tally as to who is attending your bbq – how many guys from RMCB5?

Thanks!

Mark
mad wagon

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
Garage Day ???
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2003, 02:05:23 PM »
Mark -

If you're going to get the compressors from Jon can you pick up his air tools too pretty please ? :)

Jon, I appreciate you offering these items up, it will save us a lot of time.

madigan

• Modded
Garage Day ???
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2003, 02:29:35 PM »
Quote from: "gietl"
Mark -

If you're going to get the compressors from Jon can you pick up his air tools too pretty please ? :)

Jon, are you ok with this? If not Winston has offered his air tools. Just want to make sure.  :)

Thanks!

Mark
mad wagon

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day ???
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2003, 03:08:48 PM »
mark, totally OK....I am off work tomorrow, but going to the Norah Jones concert Friday night, work all day Saturday, but if you want, you can pick them up there.....I can tell you how, or if you come to the BBQ Saturday night, you can get them then.

It all works for me, Velo picked them up from work last year when he did his springs.

just let me know through email or pm as to what your plans are an how you want to get them.

jon

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Garage Day ???
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2003, 03:10:20 PM »
Opps, just read your other post....see you at the BBQ, I will pm you directions and you can mapquest...make sure to be here around 830pm....that is when the grill will be fired up.

see ya then

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Garage Day ???
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2003, 03:38:27 PM »
Jon,
Hey, I'm going to ask Tish if she wants to BBQ with you guys on Saturday night...
I TOTALLY forgot about Norah Jones!!! AAARRGGHH! I was going to take my wife...crap.
I'm going to have to check that today...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

shummer

• Modded
Garage Day ???
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2003, 04:54:57 PM »
See some of you guys on Sunday at Jay's place. It looks like I don't need to bring any tools except for what I need to use.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Garage Day ???
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2003, 05:54:13 PM »
I'll see you guys there as well, let me know if I need to bring anything...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

madigan

• Modded
Garage Day ???
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2003, 07:40:22 PM »
For any of you guys attending the garage day on Sunday, does anyone have a baseball bat or appropriate tool to roll my fenders? Any thoughts or ideas otherwise?

Thanks!

Mark
mad wagon

RobD

• Modded
Garage Day ???
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2003, 10:35:53 PM »
I'd like to attend but will have the family just getting in from their trip to Ohio.  I will be spending time with them.  I'm sure we'll be doing this again soon since I'm in the hunt for a suspension. :wink:
Rob