Author Topic: Unsupervised 2 year old = time to purchase a porter cable.  (Read 1349 times)

gragravar

• Supercar
Ouch.  Didn't pay attention to the kid for a few seconds last weekend.  During that short time in our driveway, she decided daddy's car would look better if she colored on it.

That would have been frustrating enough if she had opted for a crayon.  No, instead she picked up a small rock.   :cry:

Now the paint on my driver's door is all scratched.  Luckily I caught her about 3 "brush" strokes in to her masterpiece, so the damage was limited.  That and the scratches aren't too deep.  Just looks like I will be needing a trip to Nick's shop this week.  

Hopefully these will buff out.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Unsupervised 2 year old = time to purchase a porter cable.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 02:05:24 PM »
I almost started laughing but then go to "rock" Sorry dude. That sucks. But since it's your own flesh and blood, it's kinda humorus.  
She obviously didn't get daddy's "car-care" genes.
I hope the buff out too :D Then you can use the PC on her bum to get it all glossy :lol:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 02:05:24 PM »

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 02:10:48 PM »
My daughter detailed her tricycle while I detailed the Passat. Worked out great.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 02:16:17 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
I almost started laughing but then go to "rock" Sorry dude. That sucks. But since it's your own flesh and blood, it's kinda humorus.  
She obviously didn't get daddy's "car-care" genes.
I hope the buff out too :D Then you can use the PC on her bum to get it all glossy :lol:

It's OK, I kind of have to laugh about it.  no-one to blame but myself.  I think the problem is she did get daddy's car care genes.  she wanted to help make it pretty.  

just have to get here more familiar with the right tools...
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2005, 02:34:41 PM »
Andrew, come on by one evening this week, and we will give it a go over with my stuff and see what we can do.

gragravar

• Supercar
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005, 02:38:34 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
Andrew, come on by one evening this week, and we will give it a go over with my stuff and see what we can do.

that would be sweet Jon!  I have to be down that way to mow etc at the old house later this week anyway.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2005, 02:43:49 PM »
well, drop me email or call me when you think you might be down this way, allow at least 30-45 minutes, and lets see what we can do to save you a bit of cash.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 11:10:44 AM »
I can see only by laughing about it.  Kids are kids and they only want to help.  My daughter enjoys "driving" while I clean and detail.  I get back into the car and find just about every dial, knob and switch has been moved.  I truly think she has the "car genes" as well.  I thin it is cool that she is interested and wants to know how to fix or care for the car.  

As for you daughters artistic endeavor, I am sure it will buff out.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!