Author Topic: Garage Day: Aug 23rd: Timing Belt Install  (Read 2825 times)

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
Garage Day: Aug 23rd: Timing Belt Install
« on: August 11, 2003, 06:28:49 PM »
Ok folks, I think I'm ready to attempt replacing my timing belt (and water pump and snub mount while I'm at it).  I know some of you are getting close to 60k miles yourself, so feel free to come help out and learn what it takes to replace your own.

I'm planning to do this on Saturday, August 23rd, starting around 9 or 10 A.M.  I'll be working in the parking garage of my condo building, which should be fairly cool.  However, it's all reserved parking so we can't really work on any other cars at the same time.  :(  On the plus side, my building has a swimming pool, so we can take a swim to cool off once we're done with the car.  8)

Let me know if you want to come help out.  And if you really want to work on your car that day too, I might be able to borrow a parking space from a neighbor, but let me know ASAP so I can look into that.

Thanks,
Alan
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 06:40:49 PM »
Alan, I am down with that.  That's 2 weekends before the RMCB5 annual GTG, so I'll be lucky to get more than 2 or 3 hours to put towards this on the 23rd...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2003, 06:40:49 PM »

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2003, 10:04:11 PM »
I'm not sure what plans Christy has for the family that day but I'll sure try to make it over for at least a little support.

Rob

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 12:09:36 PM »
Doh! Alan, I hate to tell you this, but I forgot that I already committed to camping that weekend.  Do you want to tackle this on a week night?  I can help most week nights?

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 05:22:13 PM »
Well Winston, I just found out today that I'm gonna be extra busy at work thru the end of the month working on a special project.  I'm not sure if I'll even be able to do this on the 23rd myself now.  Maybe I'll just wait until after the RMCB5 GTG.  I'd like to get my underdrive pulley installed before the big track day, but maybe it'll just have to wait.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 06:11:20 PM »
I can sympathize.  I have been busy since the beginning of May since we lost a few people and they haven't replaced them.  I'm getting a little burned out, since it is neverending...

I'm taking almost two weeks off in September, so I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to do this then...