Author Topic: Help with suspension.....  (Read 2541 times)

RobD

• Modded
Help with suspension.....
« on: August 13, 2003, 02:03:21 AM »
Since I am the new owner of a 2001.5 1.8t w/tip passat, I would like to get my suspension covered asap!  I am looking for Eibach springs and bilstein dampers.  Anybody know of any deals out there?  

I still have my 16" Ronal R28's with P7000 supersports and the suspension would help make these wheels look at home on my new ride.  

The ride is in the shop to get a dent taken out of the rear passenger door so I will not have it until next Monday.  I'll try and post pics when I get her back.

TIA
Rob

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 02:41:04 AM »
Woo hoo! Welcome back! Muhahahahhahah...back to the darkside!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 02:41:04 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 11:39:02 AM »
Rob....that is awesome.  Tell us more about the car, color, features, etc.  that is awesome!!

mark is wanting to do his suspension as well soon, looks like another huge suspension day coming on in our near future.  Don't know of any deals unless you check out CB5 and see who is selling their set ups.

You may need spacers on the B5.5, as the offset is 35 as compared to 45 for the B5.  When I put Alan's Adalaides on my B5.5, they made the car look like a pontiac, wheels all tucked in nice and safe.  I guess that depends on the offset of your Ronal's, BTW...did you know they make most of the Audi wheels?...they made the wheels on my allroad.

jon

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 12:47:59 PM »
Awesome Rob!  Looks like a garage day is in order soon, but my time before the GTG is sparse, so I can't commit to anything until after that...

My garage is available though...
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 03:13:03 AM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
You may need spacers on the B5.5, as the offset is 35 as compared to 45 for the B5.  When I put Alan's Adalaides on my B5.5, they made the car look like a pontiac, wheels all tucked in nice and safe.  I guess that depends on the offset of your Ronal's, BTW...did you know they make most of the Audi wheels?...they made the wheels on my allroad.

jon

Jon I thought the offset was the same but maybe i'll need spacers.  Live and learn.  Southpark is on right now so it's tough to type.

She's a 2001.5 Silver with black cloth.  1.8t w/ tip.  GLS with cold weather package and sunroof.   24k ON THE ODO. and a minor dent on the passenger rear door.  Geting that fixed as I type.  i hope to have it by Monaday the 18th.

I want a suspension but will chip first to make the deadline for the Wett chip deal.

i hope to have her readey for track day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roberto

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 12:45:45 PM »
Rob, I am so jealous.  Two VWs!  Congrats!  All of your patience has paid off!
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 03:17:06 PM »
The car sounds awesome!!!  Congrats.  I can't wait to see her rollin in style.  Hopefully for track day!!!!!!

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2003, 10:02:25 AM »
UPDATE - I have Eibach springs coming in two weeks now to find adjustable perch Bilsteins.  I woke up this morning to find a PM onCB5 with a deal on springs.  Medracr is switching to HR sports but has to wait to change out.  As soon as he does i have springs on the way!  

The ECU and chip should be here today or tomorrow!  Then a visit to Autosportwerks for a reprogram. :lol:

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2003, 03:48:57 PM »
Rob, it looks like you got the same wheels I have on my car! I was thinking about getting spacers for mine as well, but I haven't. The wheels look absolutely "fly" on the "fly" :lol:
How do you like 'em?
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2003, 10:07:52 PM »
In my untrained eye, I think they look fine.  Definately a more aggressive stance than the 195 stock 15"ers that came on her.  I have P7000 rubber that should last throught the early fall then I would like to get some Nokian WR's on the wheels for winter and then look for 17" wheels next spring.  
Hopefully I'll get a chance to see them this weekend!
Rob