Author Topic: Successful garage day 8/17  (Read 3318 times)

madigan

• Modded
Successful garage day 8/17
« on: August 18, 2003, 03:02:53 AM »
Well, hats off to a successful garage day. Shocks and springs were installed; a Colorado air box mod was constructed, vacuum hoses were replaced and tires rotated. Am I forgetting something? Big thanks to Jay for offering his garage for us to use. Thank you to Jon for lending his air tools and strut compressors and finally a big, big thank you to Alan for his suspension help and knowledge Ė couldnít have done it without him. It was nice having a few people around to help out, as well as meeting more local B5erís.

Thanks!

Mark

Jay's garage

before

after
mad wagon

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 04:15:22 AM »
TIGHT!!!!!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 04:15:22 AM »

kt037

• Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 05:05:14 AM »
that is one sexy wagon u got there!
OT DISH?-----> nope!
and YES I KNOW I CAN NOT SEPLL!!!!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 01:55:11 PM »
Super Bling![/size]

Mark, that is looking good!  Did you get your fenders rolled?  Did Rob show up to get his suspension lovin?

Sorry I missed it.  I think this is one of the few that I have missed.

Are there any more pics out there?
You can't rehabilitate a fire ant.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 02:09:19 PM »
Yup, super thanks to Jay and his garage and his Dremel.
It was great to meet a few more B5ers an hang with the old ones.
Mark, I think you named everything that was done that day.
Win, there are no other pictures...that was it. I guess none of us are very big on photography :roll:
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

madigan

• Modded
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 02:12:26 PM »
Quote from: "ColoradoB5"
Mark, that is looking good!  Did you get your fenders rolled?  Did Rob show up to get his suspension lovin?

Sorry I missed it.  I think this is one of the few that I have missed.

Are there any more pics out there?

Thanks Winston! I didn't get the fenders rolled, although Jon did lend me his Louisville slugger!  :lol:  Pat and I took the new suspension for a ride around the block and I did get a little rubbing taking a bumpy turn. Pat says a friend of his has the tool to roll fenders! So, I see a fender rolling day in the near future. As for pics, it seems everyone kind of forgot to take any. I only snapped the one above and that was after Alan and Dave left. Rob didnít make it to Jayís.

Mark :)
mad wagon

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 02:16:24 PM »
Good deal guys!  I'm glad we have some other experts with suspension in the group.  When We installed Alan's suspension almost a year ago, I started to help him, then he just did the rest himself, so I knew he had "mechanic" in his blood!

Everyone getting ready for the track?

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2003, 04:32:17 PM »
Very nice!!! :D  Madigan, you now have a very sleek & sexy black beauty.  You are a moddin' madman!  All of this after two months of ownership.  WOW!

Andrew, how are you running after the MAF cleaning?

I had alot of fun yesterday.  Thanks to Jay for the garage, and special thanks to Andrew for the use of some of his vacuum hose and zip ties.  It was great to see all the guys.  

Now for reality!  My baby went under the knife today.  I should get her back by 8/27/03.  We will see if McDonald's can do her right.  Until then I have a Buick Century with only 1500mi. on it.  It will due for the time.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

ColoradoB5

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 05:03:22 PM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"
Until then I have a Buick Century with only 1500mi. on it.

OH THE HUMANITY!

shummer

• Modded
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 06:40:14 PM »
Car is running good so far. No MIL after clearing it yesterday. Thanks for your help Dave. That's the first time I've taken apart the airbox.

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2003, 08:01:21 PM »
Good to hear about that Andrew.

Winston,  I feel like a grandparent.  AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Chas

• Modded
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2003, 02:16:51 AM »
JR, did you end up using the aluminum tube adapter I gave you for the airbox mod? I did finish up doing my driving lamps after you left. Only I ended up installing the second set of lights I had to get. That's because the first set had a horrible crack in one of the lenses.  8O  How could have I missed that before buying them? :roll:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :roll:  :oops:  

OK, so I drop it and it broke. The store took them back and replaced them without a question. I also repainted my lower grille while it was off.

Next on my pre-TrackDay fix-up list is a set of Mintex front pads. There is no way I am going to sport those stupid Rebestos pads around the track. They got all mushy on me a couple of weeks ago just driving down Speer in traffic. :evil:  :evil:  :x
2003 Audi A6 2.7T
Some Sedans haul families,
this one hauls ASS!

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2003, 06:01:53 PM »
Yeah Chas, I did use the Alum. adapter. It works great, thanks! I'm going to do a little more mod on the grill end of it though. I'm just not digging the tube only thing.
I think I'm going to look for a plastic, straight, wide-mouth adapter, like something you'd find on a vacuum cleaner. I'm going to see what I can come up with.
Sorry about the lights, but what they don't know won't hurt 'em 8)
With the mod, I'm getting more turbo whine which is way cool, but if there's a power difference, it's unnoticable.
I need to put my badge on order so I have it before the GTG...hmmm, I think I'll use a certain $20 for that...
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

RobD

• Modded
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2003, 10:16:09 AM »
Sounds like fun was had by all.  There was no mention to mass quantities of beer.  Doesn't that go hand in hand with Jay's crib?  

I have not picked up any suspension components as of yet.  When i do I'll be beggin' for some help.
Rob

velo

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.alankrobertson.com
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2003, 04:58:11 PM »
Quote from: "TLJR20v"
I need to put my badge on order so I have it before the GTG...hmmm, I think I'll use a certain $20 for that...

Just curious, what badge are you gonna order?  I've got a "1.8T" badge I never used if that's what you're gonna get.  I'll sell it cheaper than the dealer.
lan
2000 1.8T 5spd

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2003, 06:22:47 PM »
Thanks Velo, but actually, I'm going with the "20VT" badge.
I just talked to the guys and I can't get it until after the GTG, so I think I'm going to wait on it for now.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner