Author Topic: new pics..  (Read 1807 times)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
new pics..
« on: June 16, 2005, 11:22:56 PM »
i know, i know.. these pics aren;t that great. But it is near sunset and here in east denver you can see for miles and miles and i didn't want to be 2 creative with my pics. Yep the car is still dirty, but atleast the suspension is installed.

STaSIS coilovers w/ H-Sport Rear sway bar.

Set to STaSIS recomended height for aggressive street and the damping was preset for this setting. Rear bar is 22mm. Ordered as a set and installed by Randy and Mark down at Avalon last night.

I think it looks pretty good and it handles really well. I can tell i need an alignment but the ride quality is smoother than stock and the springs ramp up quick when you enter a turn.

evil_O

• Modded
new pics..
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 12:06:18 AM »
Nice!  It looks great.  Anymore details on the ride quality?  More firm or more harsh?
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

Rocky Mountain Club B5

new pics..
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 12:06:18 AM »

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
new pics..
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 02:24:43 AM »
well i have very limited miles on them so far but here goes.

Ride quality is as good as stock or better. My OEM sport suspension was very rough on larger bumps (railroad tracks), expansion joints, but smooth over the little stuff, and seem to float somewhat on the highway and on offramps/onramps. It was kind of an unnerving feeling. I am not sure if all A4's are the same, but it didn't inspire confidence.

The new setup is very compliant. It is kind of the opposite of the OEM.. I feel the smaller inperfections in the road surface, yet the bigger stuff like rail road tracks are smoother. I think as things break in and settle it will be even better.

I went out for a drive last night after leaving the shop and i hit some of the onramps and offramps around denver and the car feels 'planted'. The floating is gone, body roll is greatly reduced (it is still there), the car seems to hold a line alot better when you exit a offramp faster than you should. It always felt with the OEM suspension when took an offramp to fast i felt like i was going to slide or the car felt unsettled under me. But not now. I think the combination of the suspension and sway bar really settled things down.  It feels controlled. Now i just need to work on my driving skills.

One thing i do notice more now is that my downshifting in turns is way off. My timing needs some help.  Maybe Pat can help me with this at a track day.  It was like the old suspension could hide my shitty shift points. And now they are as obvious as night and day. I am just plain sloppy.

I think once i get the car aligned it will set for a while. I do not plan on raising it up for winter. It was difficult enough to get it to the point it is at.

The more i drive the car, the more i realize i need to work on my driving skills. My shift points are sloppy, i need to learn how to heal toe shift in the car.   I am very happy with the setup but now i need to focus on me, the driver. Part of it is i need to trust the car more.  After almost being runover by a concrete truck in 2000 i am still scared.

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
new pics..
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 03:55:55 AM »
I read your write up on AW about Avalon, that's great that everything was done so well. If you are concerned about your driving skills maybe you should drive the Scout for awhile and I will drive your A4.  How does that sound? :)

Eric18T

• Heavily Modded
new pics..
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 10:27:34 AM »
Quote from: "gietl"
I read your write up on AW about Avalon, that's great that everything was done so well. If you are concerned about your driving skills maybe you should drive the Scout for awhile and I will drive your A4.  How does that sound? :)

sure sounds greaaaaaaat.. bring the scout by tonight and you can pick up the A4.. Oh and i will need you Visa to cover the gas for the scout..

kraut-sled

• Heavily Modded
    • Autobahn Premier Service
new pics..
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 06:06:28 PM »
Glad that you are happy with the suspension, Eric.

As for the A4 / Scout trade....  I am not sure who is getting the better end of that.  Jay's Scout is a monster and your A4 looks fantastic.

Let me know if want to dial the suspension up for winter - that way I can block out a whole day to do the rear perch adjustment. - LOL
Autobahn Premier Service
2105 South Kalamath Street
Denver CO 80223
303-935-9065