Author Topic: Top Gear on Discovery  (Read 3035 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Top Gear on Discovery
« on: June 30, 2005, 12:48:13 AM »
anybody else watching this?  I think it has been on other channels before, I have seen clips on the net, but never saw it before on TV....I think it is great.  They blew over a car with the engines of a 747, then tested a Maserati quatroporte, then some Sweedish super car, forgot the name, but it has a 655bhp supercharged V8 and is able to do 245mph...faster than the Mc F1....at the end of a run way, they hit 174mph (280kph), before they had to slam on the brakes.

got to go, now they are reviewing the BMW 645i Coupe...

ColoradoMark

• Stock
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 12:50:37 AM »
how about the 2CV getting blown off of the runway - wow!

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 12:50:37 AM »

BHase

• Modded
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 01:58:48 AM »
My dad back in Germany has a Charleston edition Citroen 2CV, in dark red and black.  I love the thing.  Those cars have so much charm, even though they aren't fast whatsoever.  I'm assuming that is the 2CV you're talking about.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 02:17:47 AM »
I have that show set to record on my DVR :D
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

gragravar

• Supercar
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 02:25:23 AM »
That was sweet, Glad to see discovery finally bring it over here.  I particularly loved the lotus exige section at the beginning.  I have that on my computer, but it was great to see it on the big screen.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

shummer

• Modded
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 02:37:21 AM »
Yep, had my VCR set. My daughter liked the Exige. My wife was blown away by the whole "driving on the sand" bit.

gragravar

• Supercar
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 02:42:20 AM »
Quote from: "shummer"
Yep, had my VCR set. My daughter liked the Exige. My wife was blown away by the whole "driving on the sand" bit.

My wife keeps telling me I act like a 2 year old, so I am glad to see I think like one too.   :D   (that or your kid thinks like a 35 year old - who knows?)

That and I had to wonder what the manufacturers thought about the driving in the sand.  that had to do some nasty things to parts on those nice cars.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

Spicoli

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.jackham.net
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 04:51:01 AM »
That swedish car sounds like the Koenigsegg (spelling?).  IIRC more aerodynamic than a McLaren F1, it has some sort of lambo style door that is quadra.... something (looked like it was inches off the ground when opened). I downloaded that show sometime ago, but I remember reading at some point that there was another version that had some 800hp with virtually all the same specs and it did a 9-10sec 1/4 mile.
Life's too short to be taken seriously

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 10:52:18 AM »
I missed the first part, we were out to dinner, new place opened near the house...so I missed the Exige part, anyone have a link to it so I can see that part?  The first part I saw was the segment on the runway with the 747 and the 2CV

BHase

• Modded
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 12:42:16 PM »
I wouldn't mind seeing the Exige part myself.  

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

evil_O

• Modded
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 12:51:34 PM »
Great show.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

gragravar

• Supercar
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 12:52:56 PM »
I am not sure where I got my copy, but this is a link that should work.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/downloads/

If not next time I see you guys, you can watch on my PC.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 12:59:23 PM »
Andrew, those did not down load for me...maybe because i am an idiot, but thanks for the link to their site.  I am all up for seeing it on your laptop when we get a chance.

here is hte Koenigsegg

scott

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 01:16:18 PM »
I have every episode of Top Gear from 2003 to present on CD...  8O

BHase

• Modded
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 02:39:09 PM »
Quote from: "scott"
I have every episode of Top Gear from 2003 to present on CD...  8O

Are you serious? It would be so cool to have a copy...*cough*

Ben

scott

• Lightly Modded
    • http://www.edition719.com
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 02:45:52 PM »
You can download most of them via bit torrent on mininova.org... you USEd to be able to get them all from FinalGear.com, but they got a cease and decist order from BBC a few weeks ago. There is still a very cool forum there and they do put out download links on IRC, so you can still snag them...

BHase

• Modded
Top Gear on Discovery
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2005, 03:17:23 PM »
Thanks, big S to tha C to tha O-T-T.

Ben