Author Topic: So I drove a....  (Read 8000 times)

TurboDub

• Modded
So I drove a....
« on: June 30, 2005, 03:25:59 AM »
So I drove a....Legacy GT today 8O  8)  :lol:  :twisted:

It was a blast! Gobs of torque come on with a slight delay as the revs swing past about 3000. I know turbo lag isn't the best for smooth driving, but the way this car PULLED -it was awesome. The very subtle lag actually gave me half-a-second to compose myself before the WHOOOOSHH :twisted: The salesgirl I was with was way cool too. She actually drove the PISS out of it right off the lot...much more than I did. She even had a small dual going with a guy in a blue STI that just happened to be driving next to us :lol: Her other cars are an outback XT and an A6 2.7t which I thought was pretty funny...

Anyway I also drove an Altima SE 3.5 just to compare. It pulled hard too and definitely was smooth. But the handling and suspension of the GT had it beat -hands sown. The GT is a much more fun car to drive. I MAY find myself drawn back to the subie dealer tomorrow.  8O

Little problems with my B5 may have just pissed me off one too many times I'm afriad :( ...I'm thinking I should cut my losses and get something new.
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
So I drove a....
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:53:28 AM »
Sweeeeeeeet. I saw a sedan just a day ago debaged, exhaust and custom wheels. Very nice to look at, the exhaust was a little marbley though.
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

Rocky Mountain Club B5

So I drove a....
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 09:53:28 AM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 11:03:22 AM »
sweet...SCOOBIES are awesome.  Join the ranks of a few others of us...I already know how to do a ton of things on that car, and Jeremy is learning.

if you think it pulls stock, just wait until you toss in the Cobb Tuning AccessPort, flashable software that you can change when ever you want...that makes the car really fast.  I think those that saw my Outback XT at the track know what I am talking about ;)  I just need the brake upgrade, and I will be golden.

evil_O

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 12:57:32 PM »
They rock!  Here is more food for thought for you:

Autoweek's roundup of the Leg GT - stock - read 'em and weep!  HAHAHAHAA:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
They did:
0-60 in 5.23 seconds
1/4 in 13.95 @ 97.5 mph
0-100 kph (62.1 mph in 5.86 seconds

20-40 in second gear = 2.7 seconds
40-60 in third gear = 3.4 seconds (I don't understand why they didn't do this one in 2nd gear??)
60-80 in third gear = 3.8 seconds

Owner comments come from:
Todd Husak of Littleton, Co
Christoph Erdel of Indianapolis
Austin Kolbert of Salem, NH
Anthony Elgan of Salt Lake City, Utah

They praised it highly.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Need any more convincing???
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
So I drove a....
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 01:02:05 PM »
If this keeps up, we're going to have to get the domain: "rmcb5andscoobiestoo.com" :lol:

I totally agree though, the GTs are very nice - and subaru seems to be WAAAY more mod-friendly than Audi/VW.  :evil:
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

gragravar

• Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 02:06:56 PM »
Quote from: "hotani"
If this keeps up, we're going to have to get the domain: "rmcb5andscoobiestoo.com" :lol:

I totally agree though, the GTs are very nice - and subaru seems to be WAAAY more mod-friendly than Audi/VW.  :evil:

I was thinking RMCusedtobeB5.com   :D
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 02:16:59 PM »
the funny thing is....the new platform of the Legacy GT and the Outback XT is knows as the B5.  BL5 is the sedan, and BP5 is the wagon...but the basic platform is B5....go figure  :lol:

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
So I drove a....
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2005, 02:35:14 PM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
the funny thing is....the new platform of the Legacy GT and the Outback XT is knows as the B5.  BL5 is the sedan, and BP5 is the wagon...but the basic platform is B5....go figure  :lol:

Ok, *whew* we can keep the domain name the same when everyone is driving a scooby! ;)

BHase

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2005, 02:40:14 PM »
That thing really does 0-60 in 5.23 seconds? And the quarter in 13.9?  Aren't those C5 Corvette numbers?

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2005, 02:42:07 PM »
I think with the right driver, YES, it can.  Me driving on the other hand, the performance numbers are much worse.  Still, the car is wicked fast, just ask those that drove it at the track...ie: Pat, Mark Bradley, and others that have driven it around town, including Jeremy, who now has his own.

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
So I drove a....
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 03:02:07 PM »
Quote from: "BHase"
That thing really does 0-60 in 5.23 seconds? And the quarter in 13.9?  Aren't those C5 Corvette numbers?

Ben

It's amazing how much a turbo can add isn't it??
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 03:04:23 PM »
Post #26 has a scan of the AutoWeek Article...for those interested.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14753

I want to link the pics over here, but have not heard from the guy that is hosting them yet...so until then, just read the thread over on LegacyGT.com

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
So I drove a....
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2005, 03:17:23 PM »
If bandwidth is the issue, I can host em.

evil_O

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2005, 03:42:19 PM »
I think with the right driver, YES, it can.  Me driving on the other hand, the performance numbers are much worse.  Still, the car is wicked fast, just ask those that drove it at the track...ie: Pat, Mark Bradley, and others that have driven it around town, including Jeremy, who now has his own.

Ooohhh yes.  I think a lot of it has to do with driver.  The key word here is attainable - STOCK.  Now.... should we start talking Stage 1 or 2 - Cobb AP here?  muuuhahahahhahahaaaa
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2005, 04:10:06 PM »
Quote from: "hotani"
If bandwidth is the issue, I can host em.

YGM :)

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
So I drove a....
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2005, 05:01:53 PM »
Ok, here we go....
(these are huge - 1600px wide or so)
Page 1
Page 2

These are resized versions - if they're hard to read, click the ones above:

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2005, 05:18:02 PM »
thanks charles...those look great!!!!  totally readable on my lap top at home :)

TurboDub

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2005, 04:39:00 AM »
I went back and drove it AGAIN today...I am still in love :D  I may just take the plunge tomorrow, I promised myself I would sleep on it one more night... 8O
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

evil_O

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2005, 12:11:28 PM »
Quote from: "TurboDub"
I went back and drove it AGAIN today...I am still in love :D  I may just take the plunge tomorrow, I promised myself I would sleep on it one more night... 8O

Don't get me wrong... I love my VW.. and I love all things German, but I could have never gotten this performance and quality - FOR THE PRICE - out of Ingolstadt.

... and on another note... I CANNOT stay off the throttle of this car.

One other thing, you already have at least two on this board that are already modifying them - Jon especially - and I am starting.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

TurboDub

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2005, 05:07:46 PM »
Just picked up MY NEW GT!! 8O  :D  

I got a silver sedan with a 5 spd with 21 miles on it. 8)

I am beyond thrilled...I am going to have the hardest time controling myself until the break in period is over. :twisted:

My 99 Passat seemed to breaking month over month since December. Not just breaking, but breaking EXPENSIVE stuff. I was becoming a car hypochondriac (sp?) thinking evey new squeek or rattle was something else about to break, burn up, or fall off.  8O I loved that car and it will surely be missed, but it was time to feel safe and confident in my car again.

Wish me luck!
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
So I drove a....
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2005, 05:12:07 PM »
Another one lost to the dark side..... ;)

You guys gonna let us VW/Audi drivers come to your GTGs? :lol:

Congrats!

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2005, 05:23:05 PM »
congrats, and welcome to the silver scoobie world!!!!  check out www.legacygt.com for all your needed info and questions.  I go by the same screen name over there.  If you have any immediate questions, feel free to contact me.

evil_O

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005, 05:54:12 PM »
congrats, and welcome to the silver scoobie world!!!!  check out www.legacygt.com for all your needed info and questions.  I go by the same screen name over there.  If you have any immediate questions, feel free to contact me.

What he said :roll: (I am evil_O there too)

Give some details -

Where
Cost
Options

I found it really hard to stay off the gas (only a couple of times did I fall prey).  It just seems as though she wants to keep pulling and pulling.....

Soooo kewl.  I do like that silver too - all of the colors are pearlized... PM me with any questions and I will ask Jon ... hahahaha
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

TurboDub

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2005, 10:19:12 PM »
Quote from: "evil_O"

What he said :roll: (I am evil_O there too)

Give some details -

Where
Cost
Options

I found it really hard to stay off the gas (only a couple of times did I fall prey).  It just seems as though she wants to keep pulling and pulling.....

Soooo kewl.  I do like that silver too - all of the colors are pearlized... PM me with any questions and I will ask Jon ... hahahaha

Thanks for that info guys. I will definitely be asking you guys questions...Like HOW THELL DO I KILL THAT SEATBELL CHIME!! :evil:  :lol:  

Anyway sorry for the delayed reply...I have been out DRIVING!  :twisted:

Trying to stay south of 4000rpms is NOT easy- once you hit 3000 the engine just wants to fly. The Bridgestones still feel a little greasy (I'm at 180 miles and discovered this on the on ramp from I-25 to 6th, hehe) but overall the handling it nice and tight.

I got it at Shortline in Aurora. The sticker was just shy of $28k, of which I ended up paying roughly $24300. It has the preferred pkg #3 (homelink, auto dimming mirror, and perimeter alarm) the sub/amp option and the armrest extension. I did not have to haggle much, the salesgirl treated the sale as an internet deal so they cut right to the chase. I am happy with my deal. I still find it hard to believe that a 250hp AWD car came in under 25k.

The equipment that comes standard is more than I expected: Heated seats, mirror and wipers, dual zone auto climate control, 6 cd changer in the dash that can handle mp3 discs. (I still may want to hook up my IPOD if possible), and electroluminecent gauges are a few that stick out in my mind... 8) I love the way the headlights light the road and so far that car handles hills and the highway like it owns the road.

I did not get the limited package, as I have a dog- and I really don't think leather is that practical. It smells nice, but in the summer and winter it's either freezing or frying my arse. One thing I DO wish I could have added as a standalone option is a sunroof. :roll:

So far the car is rock solid (it should be with like no miles on it I guess) but there are no squeeks or rattles no matter what size bump or pot hole I hit!

What did you guys pay for plates? Just curious... :roll:

First thing I need to do is get her tinted  8) then maybe some Borlas 8O. One thing, are you guys having switchblade key withdrawal??! These keys are freakin GI-NORMOUS and they don't flick... :cry:

Here's a few pics...she's got a nice bod IMHO

09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

Scuba2001

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2005, 10:35:46 PM »
Looks great man.  It seems lately that alot of the then European owners are switching over to Japanese makes.  Germany, wake up and smell the hot brew.

Car looks awesome, and congrats on the new purchase.  I should be joining the Japanese scene here pretty soon as well.

BHase

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2005, 11:25:24 PM »
It looks nice, but I'm still going to try to stay European, if not German.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2005, 01:41:00 AM »
looks awesome.  I am surprised your changer handles MP3, Mine does not and I have the limited.  Wonder if they upgraded to the VDC unit for you already, as that is the only one that does it.  That is cool.

There is a way to get rid of the seat bell chime, just do a search on LegacyGT.com and you will find it.  I believe it is a sticky thread in the walk through section.

The OEM RE92's tires are not great, but soon enough you will upgrade to the sticky stuff and be VERY happy with how the car handles.

again, looks awesome

cheers
jon

evil_O

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2005, 02:38:41 AM »
Yep.  There is a way to get rid of the seatbelt chime.  I have already done it and can attest to the fact that it works.  I am not going to attempt to explain it here.. but at legacygt.com it is outlined for ya.

I have not gotten my plates yet as I am waiting for paperwork to get done with my last ride.  Once that is done I am going to transfer things over... as I had just bought plates before I got this car.

Congrats on the choice AND the price.  Sounds like you got a great deal.  I got mine at the same place - decent people to work with and that make sure that all things are right before you are done.  I would definately go back to em.

I do miss the switchblade key... but I am all good without one.  Well sort of.  When I really start missing it I just take out the Passat for a spin.. lol.

Looking forward to seeing you at the next GTG.. check the leg board.  Not sure when or where the next one will be.. but there are even more of us out there now.. hahaha...

Keep us updated!
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2005, 03:23:11 AM »
I think my plates were around $650.  But my car was out the door at $29,100.  I have it fully loaded with every option and all features.

evil_O

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2005, 01:07:32 PM »
That is not bad.  I am expecting mine to be a bit less.  Since I had just bought plates for my truck and then sold it, they will prorate that and apply it to my new plates :D

In the end, it should not cost me anything!  Or close to it.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."