Author Topic: So I drove a....  (Read 7997 times)

TurboDub

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2005, 04:00:59 PM »
Thanks guys for the info and compliments! I joined LegacyGT.com, my username it RockyMtnGT Hehe.

I checked out cobbtuning.com...REALLY cool stuff over there, just not sure I want to mod anything on it for at least a few months. I had some questions but can't remember what they are right nbow, hehe (I just woke up  :roll: )  

I was wrong about the MP3's -I thought my radio could handle them but I guess not.  :cry: I need to find a way to hook my ipod without having to use a FM transmitter if possible.

I am up in the air with what to do with the RE92's...hmmm...Anyone want to buy a set with 400 miles on them? hehe  :lol:
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
So I drove a....
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2005, 05:09:18 PM »
Quote from: "TurboDub"
I was wrong about the MP3's -I thought my radio could handle them but I guess not.  :cry: I need to find a way to hook my ipod without having to use a FM transmitter if possible.

iceLink is your friend! ;)
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

Rocky Mountain Club B5

So I drove a....
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2005, 05:09:18 PM »

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2005, 05:55:35 PM »
Quote from: "TurboDub"
I need to find a way to hook my ipod without having to use a FM transmitter if possible.

iPod direct connect how to can be found here

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2936

easy enough, and better than the transmitter.

BHase

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2005, 04:27:51 AM »
Mod before anybody tries to stop you.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

TurboDub

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2005, 12:41:18 PM »
Icelink looks cool as hell! I don't see Subies listed on the IceLink site yet, but I'll give them a call to be sure.

Indigo did you tackle this mod? Soldering my own connections is out of my league I think.... 8O
09 DSG GTI
05 Subaru Legacy GT

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
So I drove a....
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2005, 01:40:54 PM »
Yeah the iceLink rocks - I put it in my A4 in about 5 minutes; pulled stereo, re-plugged changer, plugged in iceLink, replaced stereo. Plugged in iPod and it just worked. Pretty slick.

Can't imagine it wouldn't be available for the subie - seems like they do it for every other make out there, maybe need to ask their support or something.

I keep my iPod out of sight in the glove box so I don't have to hide anything everytime I take a trip to the grocery, but I have mounting stuff in case I'm on a trip or something and want to see song info.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
So I drove a....
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2005, 08:48:21 PM »
I have not done this mod to my scoobie, and doubt I will.  I am fine with the transmitter as the iPod goes between 3 cars right now.  The cost involved in getting a direct connect to all 3 cars is cost prohibitive, so a little static every now and then does not bother me.

Comes down to priorities...and ICE is not all that high on my list, the OEM stuff is pretty good and the transmitter works fine for my tastes.

LONNDOGG

• n00balicious
    • http://
japan over german????!
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2005, 12:14:13 AM »
:wink: I am not too found of japanese cars. i had a ford, it was nice but i wanted more thrill, so i went to audi. now i have a 2001.5 audi s4. so when you get you 2005 legacy gt (or the limited) maybe we can take it to the tracks at bandimere.

just my 2 cents worth in... 30,000 for the legacy gt (limited)!

:D  no affence to the subies.

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Re: japan over german????!
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2005, 02:14:28 AM »
Quote from: "LONNDOGG"
30,000 for the legacy gt (limited)!

Do your research...NO ONE paid that much for a LGT limited...even the wagon fully loaded.

You can get a limited sedan for around $27K, and the times will match your S4...heck, my outback was keeping pace with S4's at Second Creek Raceway.

Don't underestimate your competition....

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2005, 02:39:34 AM »
Very nice choice.  Scoobies are comming around.  I find myself staring at them almost daily.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2005, 04:01:58 AM »
Quote from: "03Indigo"
30,000 for the legacy gt (limited)!

Do your research...NO ONE paid that much for a LGT limited...even the wagon fully loaded.

You can get a limited sedan for around $27K, and the times will match your S4...heck, my outback was keeping pace with S4's at Second Creek Raceway.

Don't underestimate your competition....

Definitely nice, but I'll still take the S4. :)

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

evil_O

• Modded
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2005, 12:37:13 PM »
:wink: I am not too found of japanese cars. i had a ford, it was nice but i wanted more thrill, so i went to audi. now i have a 2001.5 audi s4. so when you get you 2005 legacy gt (or the limited) maybe we can take it to the tracks at bandimere.

just my 2 cents worth in... 30,000 for the legacy gt (limited)!

:D  no affence to the subies.

With a 0-60 in 5.23 and 1/4 in 13.9 potential for a stock GT, I have no issues running with your 2001.5 S4 all day long at Bandimere.....that would be fun.

I would love to have an S4... only two things come to mind though...

1. Cost - both purchase and maintanance
2. Room in the back

See, if you have kids the back just aint working out that much.. not for us at least - one or more car seats is tiiiiight.  Anyone 6'+ is would be cussing me out too.  I LOVE the styling of the S4 don't get me wrong but styling won't always save you.. say at the track.  The sub is a great performer for the money.  THAT is what I wanted... perf, comparatively low cost, AWD, and well the list goes on - inlcuding a great fit and finish - yeah... if you have not sat in a newly redesigned Legacy or Outback ya should.

Maybe this will help you gain some perspective on what it was I  was/am thinking...

Tell me what I a can get brand new with full factory warranty, with 250+ ponies, under 27K in euro spec .... and I might go and trade my subie in today.  Until then... I know of an Outback that will hang with your all mighty S4.

Of course no offense to you S4 owners  :wink:

*sidebar*
Believe me.... I am not trying to convince anyone on this board a sub is superior over Audi/VW... that in a way is suicide on a Audi/VW enthusiast site.. lol... I am just pointing out other car companies are approaching the quality I have relished for so long with Audi/VW.... and kicking a$$ in the cost to performance realm.  Pick what ya like... whatever it is... enjoy it... and we can all have fun learning about the cars from each other.  In the end it is all about taste too :-D... did I mention I still have a Passat? :wink:
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
So I drove a....
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2005, 12:57:23 PM »
While this site started as an enthusiast site primarily for the B5 platform VW and Audi it has evolved into much more. We do not discriminate against any car owners for their choice of vehicle.

The idea here is that we are ALL enthusiasts, whether it be VAG, Suby, BMW, Porsche, Honda, GM, it doesn't matter.

I know I have learned a lot more about models such as the new Outback XT and Legacy GT through this site. LONNDOGG, you just got your Subaru education for the week. ;)

Just to chime in, I too like the S4 but it is far too small for me, that is why I bought my (former) A6 2.7T. However, that engine setup is a timebomb waiting to go off.  After maintaining the Audi for less than a year, Jon's experience and a handful of others I realized I could not afford to own the car if the turbos were to fail.

I still think the 2.7T setup is an incredible one that has put a smile on many faces (including mine), but I know my next on will probably be a single turbo or a N/A V8.

I do believe Subaru got their heads out fo their asses finally and spent some money on improving their interior. They realized that the masses like the euro look and feel and went with it.  Surprisingly Subaru did such a good job I wouldn't be surprised if the Outback Xt ends up being one of the best selling cars (if not the best) of 2005.  It seems like every day I see another new one with temp tags.  In terms of quickness, it definitley moves...especially for a wagon!

BHase

• Modded
So I drove a....
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2005, 01:27:21 PM »
We do give you crap for being a Honda owner if it looks like this:

http://www.ecubed.com/bmw/CrapBMWDelSol

Ben

EDIT: Oh what the hell, I'll send the entire ten galleries of rice. If your car looks like this, we will probably make fun of you. I hope.

http://www.riceboypage.com/shame

92UrS4

• Administrator
  • Supercar
    • Rocky Mountain Club B5
So I drove a....
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2005, 01:29:45 PM »
Ha, shh, don't tell anyone ;)