Author Topic: Upgraded the VAG-COM  (Read 2078 times)

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Upgraded the VAG-COM
« on: July 11, 2005, 09:02:20 PM »
Since I have had issues with using my current 3rd party adaptor with the GTI.  I decided to go legit and picked up a VAG-COM license with HEX-USB+CAN interface.  This will give the club another fully registered VAG-COM to use.  Plus with the CAN support, we now have the ability to scan the newer cars including the 05 Audis and VWs.  I have tested it on both the GTI and Passat and it works beautifully.

For more info on the CAN  connection, please read the link.
If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it!

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Upgraded the VAG-COM
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 02:26:23 AM »
So did you ever figure out why that interface wouldent work with your 337?
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Upgraded the VAG-COM
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 02:26:23 AM »

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Upgraded the VAG-COM
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 09:07:23 AM »
The only thing I could figure out is that the interface was most likley outdated.  The VW dealer sort of gave me a clue when he mentioned that VW and Audi periodically update their protocols and interfaces.  This is further supported in that Ross-Tech had to update their product line.

I also went out to E-bay and noticed a slew off older (VAG-COM V409 compatible and earlier) adapters going for around $30.00 to $40.00 dolllars, roughly half what they were when new.

evil_O

• Modded
Upgraded the VAG-COM
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 12:36:44 PM »
Quote from: "StarlightB5"

I also went out to E-bay and noticed a slew off older (VAG-COM V409 compatible and earlier) adapters going for around $30.00 to $40.00 dolllars, roughly half what they were when new.

One of these is coming my way.  I am hoping that I can at least read the codes on the 2004 we have.  It says they are compatible with the 05s so I guess we will just have to see.

I will let all know once it is here - btw - it is a Ross-Tech 409.1 version.  The had 3.x but this one (409.1) appears to be backward compatible to that.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

SweetVW

• Heavily Modded
Upgraded the VAG-COM
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2005, 12:56:56 PM »
I would agree.  It is strange, because I was able to connect to a 04' Touerag.  I think that along with the new bus standard comming out, Ross-tech decided to have their adaptors also act as license keys.  I can run my adaptor from any PC/laptop that has the V5+ of the software and it will be a full version.

evil_O

• Modded
Upgraded the VAG-COM
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2005, 03:06:36 PM »
I can run my adaptor from any PC/laptop that has the V5+ of the software and it will be a full version.

That is EXACTLY what I am hoping for.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

jayryan

• Supercar
    • JayFriesen.com
Upgraded the VAG-COM
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2005, 04:21:04 PM »
I'll be picking up one of Ebay when I return from the East Coast. I am hoping it will work for the Jetta as well, so I can clear stuff before the dealership gets it for an oil change or something :P
'03 A4 1.8TQM
'68 MG C
'06 4Runner

evil_O

• Modded
Upgraded the VAG-COM
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 04:22:45 PM »
Quote from: "jayryan"
I'll be picking up one of Ebay when I return from the East Coast. I am hoping it will work for the Jetta as well, so I can clear stuff before the dealership gets it for an oil change or something :P

Let me know JR and I will let you know where I got mine.  Seems like a good place to do business... so far all I have is the tracking number for 1st Class USPS.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i

"I hate cops."

Colorado_Baja

• Heavily Modded
Upgraded the VAG-COM
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 04:54:45 PM »
The only thing I could figure out is that the interface was most likley outdated.  The VW dealer sort of gave me a clue when he mentioned that VW and Audi periodically update their protocols and interfaces.  This is further supported in that Ross-Tech had to update their product line.

Ahh. well at least you got it sorted out.

Be sure to check out 505.1 Beta when you get your new interface.
No time for love, Dr. Jones.

Losers make excuses. Winners make it happen.

"and function, FUNCITON is the key" 
Fugazi