Author Topic: Pissed off, BIG TIME  (Read 1944 times)

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« on: July 13, 2005, 01:08:33 PM »
I am fast asleep this morning, in my happy dream world when I hear this jack hammer.  It works into my dream and I am thinking I am building a new house or something and all happy that work is being done.  Then I turn over and realize that my back still hurts.  so I get up.  Low and behold, the jack hammer is still going.  I look outside and they are ripping up the road in front of my house....tarmac and sidewalk.  This is about ......wait for it.....TWO FEET FROM BETSY's TACOMA that is sitting in front of the house. :evil:   WTF.  I go out there as fast as I can...takes me a bit of time cuz walking in not all that easy due to a back injury.  I get in the truck as fast as I can, and put it on the drive way away from the bobcat that is doing the jackhammering.  The guy just looks at me and spins the bob cat around and hammers some more.  I go out there and try to get his attention, and he looks at me and keeps on going.  So I walk down to a dump truck and ask WTF.  The guy says..."well, shit happens"....I said they could have knocked on a door asking us to move our truck, or at least put a note on the door of the house the day before letting us know they were gonna be ripping up road way only INCHES from a parked car.  I could not see any damage on the truck, thank god, but MY GOD.......have some common courtesy and let people know that you are gonna be blasting rock right in front of their car.  I am gonna call the city and bitch, but doubt that will do any good.

what a crappy way to wake up.....

BHase

• Modded
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 01:54:05 PM »
I also often wonder why people are so lazy and inconsiderate.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 01:54:05 PM »

gragravar

• Supercar
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 02:36:49 PM »
See, I knew you should have gotten up and joined us for coffee this morning, then you could have taken the truck and it wouldn't have been on the street.   :wink:

I do hear you though.  glad to hear no damage is done.  bummer to wake up to that though.

Just take some more pain meds, pull up a seat on the couch, relax and spend some time in the RMCB5 arcade - your day should get better.   :D
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

gragravar

• Supercar
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 02:40:47 PM »
Oh, and if it makes you feel better, my day got off to a bad start too.  Prior to yesterday had planned to meet the movers at the old house at 8:00 today, then yesterday at 4:00pm they called to say they would be there at 6:30am, so I had to get up WAY early to be clear over there by then.  at 6:25 they called to say they had truck problems - the crew yesterday failed to unload the truck they needed to use at our house today, so it was going to take them at least an hour and a half before they could get there.  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

so as I had to be at work by then I had to go home - all the way back to brighton, and help get Stacie and the kids out the door so they could be there at 8:00.  then off to Boulder.

By the time I got in here this morning I had already driven about 110 miles.   :evil:
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.  ~Albert Einstein

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 03:16:13 PM »
that is much worse than my day Andrew.....frickin movers.  The people my parents used were awesome though.  www.amazingmoves.com  they moved all the super big stuff and not one problem.  I am gonna use them in the spring when Betsy and I get a new house...they are expensive, but you get what you pay for.  Their rate was $175 per hour, that included 6 guys, floor coverings, all moving, setting up, 2 trucks, fuel, and transport time.  I though they did an awesome job.

hope the move goes well for the rest of the day and that Stacie does not get too frustrated dealing with them and the kids.  What a day for her as well.

gragravar

• Supercar
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2005, 03:21:01 PM »
yeah, hopefully things are getting better, I really need to call and check in.

We are also using these guys only to haul heavy stuff - furniture and the like.  not bad though as we had already moved a bunch of stuff ourselves, the tab for this move is supposed to be < $650 total.   That and after this morning's screw up, I have asked for an additional discount.

dubitup

• Lightly Modded
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2005, 03:26:17 PM »
Hey John,

Get the contractors name and file a complaint with the city & county about not being notified of the work.  Also try calling the contractos office and file a complaint with them.

When we have to dig up streets/sidewalks we are required by the permitting agnecies to notify all residents 48 hrs prior to starting work or we could be shut down.  Also let them know about how close they got to your truck...

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 03:30:24 PM »
fill their shit up with concrete in the middle of the night!  :lol:
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2005, 03:47:38 PM »
Quote from: "aowhaus"
fill their shit up with concrete in the middle of the night!  :lol:

Take out all their valve stems  :twisted:
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 05:54:24 PM »
Quote from: "dubitup"
Hey John,

Get the contractors name and file a complaint with the city & county about not being notified of the work.  Also try calling the contractos office and file a complaint with them.

When we have to dig up streets/sidewalks we are required by the permitting agnecies to notify all residents 48 hrs prior to starting work or we could be shut down.  Also let them know about how close they got to your truck...

Alex, I contacted the City Manager via email...as I also got the run around on the phone.  Not happy right now.  Anyway, I left him a lengthy letter about how unhappy I am right now.  Doubt it will make a difference, but at least I got it off my chest.  You should see the mess they left on the street...unreal.

ianacole

• Heavily Modded
    • http://www.rmsolo.org
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2005, 07:38:04 PM »
I had an issue with a couple of construction company employees creating a hazard on 6th Avenue one evening.  I called the company and spoke with a project manager.  I don't know if anything ever came of it, but he was apologetic, receptive, and appreciative.  I hung up the phone feeling better.
"The corruption of man is followed by corruption of language." -Emerson

Think you're fast? http://www.rmsolo.org

For the road racer in all of us: http://www.nasarockymountain.com

evil_O

• Modded
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 02:45:02 AM »
If it happens again... and if it is early in the morning... or late at night.. call the police.  They can be ticketed for noise - construction after hours.  Check with your with Westi and find out what the city ordinance is regarding hours of operation.
2006 S4 Sprint Blue
2007 Subaru Wagon 2.5i
2008 Subaru Tribeca (5 pass. Ltd.)

"I hate cops."

03Indigo

• Global Moderator
  • Supercar
Pissed off, BIG TIME
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 11:37:39 AM »
Quote from: "evil_O"
If it happens again... and if it is early in the morning... or late at night.. call the police.  They can be ticketed for noise - construction after hours.  Check with your with Westi and find out what the city ordinance is regarding hours of operation.

good point, if they come to pour the concrete early tomorrow, I will be all over them.  They left all kinds of crap in the road, and there are still holes in the tarmac and sidewalk...I think it is gonna take them forever to get this done.