Author Topic: Feeler: Indie movie/TV club  (Read 1274 times)

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
Feeler: Indie movie/TV club
« on: July 14, 2005, 07:57:24 PM »
I'm thinking of starting another weekly lazy sunday afternoon (or any other day/night) gathering at my place to watch an Indie or foreign film or TV series.

I've done a Twin Peaks one a couple years back which Andrew (34k) attended.  We had damn good coffee, cherry pie, and donuts.

I'm thinking of showing The Kingdom (I think I have about 10 1-hour episodes), the original Swedish TV series which is a creepy, wierd and funny show about a haunted hospital and the antics of the patients and staff.  It was directed by Lars von Trier, who also directed the incredibly moving 'Dancer in the Dark' starring Bjork.
Stephen King did a made-for-TV miniseries remake of Kingdom last year, but I've heard that it was pretty mediocre.

Anyone interested?
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 08:08:29 PM »
The Twin Peaks thing sounds awesome - "Damn Good Coffee" HA! that rocks. If you ever feel like doing that again let me know; I can't think of a better way to enjoy the series (I have them all by the way - from pilot to last episode in .avi).

Usually I'd have Evan so wouldn't be able to do it, but otherwise I'd totally be in.

I'm always up for new and interesting shows, and if I'm able to come I'll be there. :)
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

Rocky Mountain Club B5

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 08:08:29 PM »

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 04:13:22 AM »
You had me up till "Twin Peaks." I'd definitely drop by for the foreign stuff; most of the time, I only get to watch foreign films when I'm back in Germany (the T.V. stations are surprisingly good at showing a diversity of cinema, usually).  Anybody wants some rec's on German flicks, I'm always PM-available. :)

Oh, not to threadjack, but did anybody actually get a chance to watch "Downfall" (a.k.a. "Der Untergang")? I saw it playing at some of the Landmark theaters for a few weeks, but I scheduled some time to watch it this week on my own, and it had been replaced.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay

aowhaus

• Heavily Modded
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 02:24:14 PM »
Ben, where in Dwenver do you live?
your profile still reads Saint Louis.  :?
2008 Mercedes Benz C300 4matic Sport
2004 Aprilia Mojito Custom 50

BHase

• Modded
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 02:40:54 PM »
Quote from: "aowhaus"
Ben, where in Dwenver do you live?
your profile still reads Saint Louis.  :?

I'm at Hampden & Lowell.  I'm just back for the summer, and then leaving mid-August for my last year out in St. Louis. Then back in Denver permanently, foreseeably.

Ben
I'm not an expert in any field but drinking beer and breaking stuff so don't take my response as the best foundation for a conversation." - Jay