Author Topic: Sangrita y Tequila  (Read 1035 times)

jfrahm

• Modded
Sangrita y Tequila
« on: July 19, 2005, 08:31:08 PM »
Lately I have been enjoying a few nice tequilas, and was also introduced to the side beverage Sangrita (not to be confused with Sangria.)

Sangrita, in a pint glass is ( at least the way I make it) as follows:

Equal parts tomato (I use Clamato) and orange juice
an ounce or two of Grenadine
fresh ground pepper
a dash or five of Tabasco
about half a lime, sliced and juiced a bit
Stir with ice

Sip alternating with a fine tequila (neat, at a cool room temp.)  It's fantastic.
I tried it at first without the grenadine.  Turns out the grenadine is very important and really takes it to another level.

Enjoy,
-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
Sangrita y Tequila
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 08:39:22 PM »
I never got into the Sangrita - it was usually served with tequila in a matching caballito in Mexico though.

What tequilas have you been trying pray tell.... :)
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM

Rocky Mountain Club B5

Sangrita y Tequila
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 08:39:22 PM »

jfrahm

• Modded
Sangrita y Tequila
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 06:15:22 PM »
A houseguest brought me a bottle of El Tesoro Anejo.  It's very good!  I have a few others around the house, Cazadorez is one I quite like.  Simple and smooth.
The best I've had in a while, I wish I could recall the name.  I got it at Aztec Sol, it translated into something like "Bad Memory Eraser" and was served with a slice of orange.  Quite good.  Maya Mezcal from Mezcal on Colfax also blew me away.  

Tequila Lapis has been recommended.  I'll keep an eye out for it.

-Joel.
2001 Audi A8 Quattro 4.2l

hotani

• Heavily Modded
    • G+
Sangrita y Tequila
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 06:25:11 PM »
El Tesoro is great stuff! I have a bottle of Anejo at home, and a bottle of Corralejo reposado which is also very good.

Try El Tesoro reposado - i've tried a lot of tequilas and keep coming back to that one, probably my current favorite.

There is a store up here in Westy that still has some of the old style bottles and I'm so tempted every time to pick one up, but at $45 for the reposado I keep talking myself out of it. Still cheaper than the other more popular ones like Patron and Don Julio.
Quick! Everyone out of the universe!
New: 2006 A4 Avant
Old: 2001 A4 1.8TQM